Moving eShop Content From emuNAND to sysNAND

-PLEASE NOTE THIS /WILL/ REQUIRE FLASHING A MODIFIED NAND BACKUP TO YOUR CONSOLE. ALWAYS MAKE SURE YOUR MODIFIED NAND BACKUP WORKS IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO AVOID A BRICKED CONSOLE!!!!!!!!!!
-AFAIK, THIS ONLY WORKS WITH ESHOP CONTENT DOWNLOADED ON THAT CONSOLE. NO YOUR DOWNLOADED CIA'S WILL NOT WORK IN SYSNAND WITH THIS METHOD.
-MYSELF/GBATEMP ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOU BRICK YOUR CONSOLE DOING THIS. (As long as you test your modified NAND backup inside of emuNAND before flashing it, you should be fine.)

Shoutouts to cearp and liomajor for helping me with this.

Requirements:

-4.x Console (9.x downgraded to 4.x will work. It's just to get XORPads. You /can/ modify your 9.x backup if you wish to restore back to 9.x with your eShop content).
-LINKED emuNAND and sysNAND (If you've system transferred from another console to your current emuNAND, this will also work. Adding moving the file "movable.sed" makes this possible).
-emuNAND with wanted eShop content downloaded and installed
-Backup of sysNAND that you want to move eShop content to
-Backup of emuNAND with eShop content (you will be overwriting this emuNAND to test your modified sysNAND before flashing it to your console. You can always write it back with emuNANDTool)
-File pack located below
-Hex Workshop

Guide:
Step 1: Make a backup of the sysNAND you want to add eShop content to. Store this somewhere safe.
Step 2: Make sure your emuNAND has the eShop content you want moved. Back this up with emuNANDTool. Store it somewhere safe.
Step 3: Copy the TOSD folder to your 3DS' BIG SD card.
Step 4: Install the DS Profile Exploit if needed. Follow the usual steps to get into 3DS_Multi_Decryptor.
Step 5: Choose the "NAND FAT16 XORPAD" Option
Step 6: Let the process finish, then power off your console
Step 7: Copy the newly created nand.fat16.xorpad file to your working directory.
Step 8: COPY your EMUNAND WITH ESHOP CONTENT to your working directory.
Step 9: Rename the previously mentioned emuNAND backup to emuNAND.bin.
Step 10: Drag the "emuNAND.bin" onto "dragNandDumpForFat16.bat"
Step 11: Let the process finish
Step 12: Double click "decrypt.bat". If you haven't renamed any files, this should spit out a file named emuNAND.bin.out
Step 13: Open up emuNAND.fat16.bin.out inside of WinImage.
Step 14: Navigate to the "dbs" folder.
Step 15: Copy the ticket.db file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 16 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Go back to the root of your emuNAND in WinImage. Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the movable.sed file to your working directory/somewhere safe.
Step 17: Close winimage. Move "emuNAND.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin, emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to a backup folder, just in case.
Step 18: Copy the SYSNAND IMAGE YOU WANT TO MODIFY to your working directory. Rename this to emuNAND.bin. Follow steps 9-13 to get this image open in WinImage.
Step 19: Navigate to the "dbs" folder. Copy the previously extracted ticket.db to that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 20 (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Navigate to the "private" folder. Copy the previously extracted "movable.sed" into that folder, overwriting the old one.
Step 21: Close WinImage.
Step 21.5: Rename "emuNAND.fat16.bin.out" to "test.bin"
Step 22: Open a command prompt window, CD to your working directory
Step 23: Paste the following command into the prompt "padxorer.exe test.bin nand.fat16.xorpad". Let the process finish.
Step 24: Open up "emuNAND.bin" and "test.bin.out" inside of Hex Workshop. Shrink the bar with '0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 A B C D..." so your workspace looks like this in BOTH FILES: http://i.imgur.com/kZOUWa0.png
Step 25: Go to your "emuNAND.bin" tab, and press CTRL+G to open the "goto" prompt
Step 25: Make sure the offset is "Hex", "From Where" is "Beginning of File", and paste "B930000" in the Offset box. Click ok
Step 26: Go to test.bin.out, Press CTRL+A to highlight everything and CTRL+C to copy all the data.
Step 27: Go back to emuNAND.bin, Highlight everything from the B930000 offset to the bottom of the file. Press CTRL+V to overwrite it with the content of test.bin.out.
Step 28: Inject the newly modified emuNAND.bin to your emuNAND. (If you did the System Transfer steps, it will take you to the 3DS' setup screen. Follow the steps.)
VERIFY THAT THIS BOOTS PROPERLY IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO YOUR SYSNAND. IF IT DOESN'T, START THE PROCESS OVER AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DID THE STEPS IN HEX WORKSHOP PROPERLY.
Step 29: Double check that all your eShop content is showing up properly in the newly modified emuNAND.
Step 30: Power off your 3DS. Copy the newly modified emuNAND to your 3DS' BIG SD Card. Rename the file to NAND.bin.
Step 31: Boot into the GW menu holding "L". Scroll over to the "Downgrade Console" option, and select it while holding "up". Let the process finish and reboot your console.
Step 33: Pop your 3DS' big SD card back in your computer. Restore your ORIGINAL EMUNAND backup you made earlier.
Step 34: Congratulations! You should now have your emuNAND eShop content on sysNAND!

Attachments

• eShopMovingTools.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,475

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
can you show us the sector 0 of your emunand?

I already bypassed that problem, this is the fix I followed:

you can use emuNAND tool and follow these steps to be able to read it​
You need HXD for this...​
Step 1: Insert SD​
Step 2: Open HxD as Administrator​
Step 3: In the Extras tab on the top click open disk.​
Step 4: Uncheck the read-only checkmark and select Removable disc # (DO NOT SELECT THE NAMED SD CARD UNDER LOGICAL DISCS!!)​
Step 5: on the right of hxd the text should say MTCARD_NAND​
Step 6: put your writing cursor in front of that and type "GATEWAY"​
IT SHOULD NOW SAY GATEWAYNAND​
Step 7: SAVE​
Step 8: exit HxD and use emunand tool for whatever you wanted it for​
once you're done you should undo what you use hxd again and rename the "GATEWAYNAND" to "MTCARD_NAND" and save that​

And it does work, but thanks :D

EDIT: Here are the images anyway:

Before:
s1.png

After:
S2.png

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
OK.
Anyway you should ask Nintendo about the problem with your games. It seems they're still linked to your old 3DS.
You won't be able to run them on your new console until they fix that (or you can somehow make a system transfer or extract the decrypted NAND from the old one).

liomajor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And here I'am, trying to get my games playable on sysNAND with this tricky method...

Oh, you already have that working ^^

If your PC's specs the problem, either you need another PC or someone you trust.

Why? exporting your Data offers everything to thoose who know working with this.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
OK.
Anyway you should ask Nintendo about the problem with your games. It seems they're still linked to your old 3DS.

I can play them just fine on emuNAND, because my NNID and eShop account is now linked there, but not in my sysNAND, 'cause obviously I don't want to update.

Oh, you already have that working ^^

Yeah, it was so simple to get emuNAND tool recognize it, the only thing to be done is to change the first line of the 0 sector from MTCARD_NAND to GATEWAYNAND, thanks anyway :lol:

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can play them just fine on emuNAND, because my NNID and eShop account is now linked there, but not in my sysNAND, 'cause obviously I don't want to update.

Yeah, it was so simple to get emuNAND tool recognize it, the only thing to be done is to change the first line of the 0 sector from MTCARD_NAND to GATEWAYNAND, thanks anyway :lol:
By the way this hex editor claims not to load the whole files into RAM so it can handle even multi terabytes-big files.

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
But if your problem involves copying huge chunks of data into the clipboard, you can simply break the file into parts (select the undesired blocks on HxD and delete them until only what you wanted to select is left) and then use a file joiner to merge the parts as you wish.
Just rename the parts properly, like file.001, file.002, etc. and then run them through the program.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
By the way this hex editor claims not to load the whole files into RAM so it can handle even multi terabytes-big files.
Sorry, no dice, it keeps saying the same error, even on my laptop (maybe because is old)

But if your problem involves copying huge chunks of data into the clipboard, you can simply break the file into parts (select the undesired blocks on HxD and delete them until only what you wanted to select is left) and then use a file joiner to merge the parts as you wish.
Just rename the parts properly, like file.001, file.002, etc. and then run them through the program.

To messy to my taste, I will try it anyway i there isn't another option, thanks for the tip.

Someone could always write up a script to do the hex editing automagically :P

Dartz150 If you can upload both files I'd be willing to do all the hex stuff for 'ya.

Thank you!! I guess the links only by PM right? you know, CR stuff.

sonic2756

Friendly Neighborhood Wolf
OP
Trophies
Website
www.keenbrigade.com
XP
Country
United States
@Dartz150
Sorry, no dice, it keeps saying the same error, even on my laptop (maybe because is old)

To messy to my taste, I will try it anyway i there isn't another option, thanks for the tip.

Thank you!! I guess the links only by PM right? you know, CR stuff.

Not necessarily copyright, but I don't think you want your eShop tickets and stuff floating around :P

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks sonic2756 this seems like the perfect solution for me, and it's come at the right time!

I bought a used 3DS that had eShop content (VC ambassador games, four swords and a whole £1 credit) and it was on a 6.x firmware.
I wanted to move the games over to my 3DS XL, but instead of downgrading the 3DS console and making a backup copy of the games, I decided not too! ....I created an emuNAND on it, updated the emuNAND to 9.4, and then I did a system transfer to my 3DS XL's emuNAND. Which then left my 3DS XL sysNAND and emuNAND unlinked, what I was expecting?? weel I have no idea?? I happily tapped away at the warning message, disregarding this will overwrite all you current content, blah, blah, blah ...the only thing I did lose on my 3DS XL was my Mario Cat show Theme (okay, it was free at the time I got it ....but still).

Going to try this later tonight! ;)

Deleted member 331788

Trophies
XP
Country
I just wanted to add that it worked ...however I got to the point were I tested the NAND in emu mode and it worked fine, no issues. But when I copied the NAND.bin file to the SD Card, Gateway showed an NAND.BIN error?? ...anyways, I ended up extracting the emuNAND that I tested and flashed it to my sysNAND.
Seems to be working okay!

Thanks again for the guide! :yaysp:

Reactions: sonic2756

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to add that it worked ...however I got to the point were I tested the NAND in emu mode and it worked fine, no issues. But when I copied the NAND.bin file to the SD Card, Gateway showed an NAND.BIN error?? ...anyways, I ended up extracting the emuNAND that I tested and flashed it to my sysNAND.
Seems to be working okay!

Thanks again for the guide! :yaysp:
Did you use a system transferred EmuNAND?

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes ...I did a sysNAND (Normal 3DS) to sysNAND (3DS XL) transfer.
That explains the Gateway 3DS error now.
I must have misread something in the guide??
I had the same problem. It seems like the only way to get transferring from a system transfer emuNAND to work is running the system set up in emuNAND, I don't think the guide mentions it. The steps for someone who system transferred should be:

Step 28: Inject the newly modified emuNAND.bin to your emuNAND.
VERIFY THAT THIS BOOTS PROPERLY IN EMUNAND BEFORE FLASHING TO YOUR SYSNAND. IF IT DOESN'T, START THE PROCESS OVER AND DOUBLE CHECK YOUR DID THE STEPS IN HEX WORKSHOP PROPERLY.
Step 29: (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): The 3DS will go to the system setup screen. Put in all the information you want your new sysNAND to have.
Step 30: Double check that all your eShop content is showing up properly in the newly modified emuNAND.
Step 31: (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Power off your 3DS. Extract the emuNAND you just did the system setup on. Use this in the next step.
Step 32: Power off your 3DS. Copy the newly modified emuNAND to your 3DS' BIG SD Card. Rename the file to NAND.bin. (ONLY IF YOU'VE SYSTEM TRANSFERRED TO EMUNAND): Reinstall the DS profile exploit if that's the exploit you're using.
Step 33: Boot into the GW menu holding "L". Scroll over to the "Downgrade Console" option, and select it while holding "up". Let the process finish and reboot your console.
Step 34: Pop your 3DS' big SD card back in your computer. Restore your ORIGINAL EMUNAND backup you made earlier.
Step 35: Congratulations! You should now have your emuNAND eShop content on sysNAND!

MAXLEMPIRA

Legends are Made from True Stories...
Trophies
Website
maxlempira.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
so... let me guess something... I've got unlinked my NAND's, in one SD Card A (The one I use more often, use for Gateway and CIA's), but in other SD Card B I have my sysNAND and its emuNAND Linked. If I got to take the 3DS Folder from the Unlinked sysNAND in SD CARD A into the SD Card B with the Linked emuNAND, then doing this tutorial to get my eShop games into sysNAND AND then returning the 3DS Folder from Linked emuNAND in SD Card B to SD Card A... it should work, right?? I will got sysNAND with my eshop games and my emuNAND too, both Unlinked and with diferent saves. Did I'm guessing right, or not? Maybe I'll try this in some days, and I'll tell you what happened, but if someone here could to this... it would be great

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1