Trying to convert a save game from one version to another

kallek

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I played through Far Cry 6 and now I wanted to play the new DLC, so I got another release with a newer update and the DLC. After installing I now have two versions of the game on the PS4 dashboard and they both use the same save. The new version says the save is corrupt though. How do I convert the save so that I can play it on the other newer version? I read that different releases can use different keystones, so maybe that's the problem.

I first did a backup of the working 100 % save on the old version. Then I deleted the save and made a new save from the beginning of the game on the new version. Then I tried using the Save Mounter Tool to first mount the save, unmount it and then replace the files with the old 100% save but when I try to mount it again it fails.

Any ideas how I can make the save from the old version work with the new version?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the keystone for the newer version. It's possible it's using the 0'd out passcode one. Compare it in hex with the dummy keystone on devwiki. I can't recall if it's identical, but lines 3 and 4 are the fingerprint, which is what makes the save work. Check if they're identical as the fingerprints are derived from the passcode, so it will mean its fake.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: ok