PS1/2 "This file isn't an ELF". What.

FPSRussi4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I'm at uLaunch's screen, trying to install FMCB from my USB. However, when I try to load up the file, I get a message saying "this file isn't an ELF". What do?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Have you considered the possiblity that the package you've downloaded is corrupt?

We'll need more information than this. What installation method are you using, is your memory card a genuine Sony one, which version of uLaunchELF are you using, where did you get the installation files, what is your PS2 model etc. - provide us with more detail.

FPSRussi4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Have you considered the possiblity that the package you've downloaded is corrupt?

We'll need more information than this. What installation method are you using, is your memory card a genuine Sony one, which version of uLaunchELF are you using, where did you get the installation files, what is your PS2 model etc. - provide us with more detail.

You asked for it.
I'm using the 007: AUF exploit.
Memory Card is genuine sony, 8mb.
Ulaunch 4.30
I got the files from SKS Apps, I'm using the noobie package of 1.8
Model SPCH-7500001
All goes according to plan(edited DRIVING.ELF and the like, I'm at the LaunchELF screen) but when I select FREE_MCBOOT.ELF, I recieve the message "This isn't an ELF file". I don't think the package is corrupt, as I got it from SKS apps.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Let's start from the top to make sure that you haven't missed anything - you've replaced DRIVING.ELF with your renamed uLaunchELF file, it's booting you into the file browser, and upon selecting "FREE_MCBOOT.ELF" it tells you that the file is not valid?

Download this Noobie Package and put it on your FAT32-formatted USB stick (be sure it's not exFAT!). Make sure that you're not missing the INSTALL folder, all the necessary utilities are there. Should you have more problems, retry with a different stick. You also have the option of burning a CD with the installation files and swapping after the exploit booted the browser.

FPSRussi4

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
Okay, it booted, all good. Thanks. I'm curious though, how long does it usually take to check for available space on the memory card, do you know?
EDIT: Never mind, everything is a go!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, it booted, all good. Thanks. I'm curious though, how long does it usually take to check for available space on the memory card, do you know?
EDIT: Never mind, everything is a go!
Memory cards are a little bit slow sometimes - disregard any lag. ;)

You're welcome - post here if you need anything else or any tips on what you should install (and how to go about doing so).

Reactions: Fpsrussia117

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh