Hacking Thinking about getting Acekard for kids (DSi questions, please help&#3

skafan12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been using an Acekard with AKAIO on my DS Lite with absolutely no problems at all. However, I want to send an Acekard to a few distant friends (they're just kids) who have a DSi (I'm planning to do all of the set up for them, so they can just pop in the card and go). Since I don't own a DSi, I have no idea what I should be doing.

1. Is the AKAIO's newest update (or Acekard's official firmware) compatible with the latest DSi firmware? Or is AKAIO/Acekard blocked?

2. Can I set everything up using just a DS Lite? What files will I need?

3. Is the current AKAIO/Acekard firmware compatible with older versions of the DSi? (I ask because I'm not sure if these kids will be able to get onto wi-fi and download the latest firmware, they live in a rural area)

4. Finally, what are the chances that the DSi firmware is updated in the near future and the Acekard firmware will have to be updated as well.

Thanks for your help!

GMTN

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've been using an Acekard with AKAIO on my DS Lite with absolutely no problems at all. However, I want to send an Acekard to a few distant friends (they're just kids) who have a DSi (I'm planning to do all of the set up for them, so they can just pop in the card and go). Since I don't own a DSi, I have no idea what I should be doing.

1. Is the AKAIO's newest update (or Acekard's official firmware) compatible with the latest DSi firmware? Or is AKAIO/Acekard blocked?

2. Can I set everything up using just a DS Lite? What files will I need?

3. Is the current AKAIO/Acekard firmware compatible with older versions of the DSi? (I ask because I'm not sure if these kids will be able to get onto wi-fi and download the latest firmware, they live in a rural area)

4. Finally, what are the chances that the DSi firmware is updated in the near future and the Acekard firmware will have to be updated as well.

Thanks for your help!

1. Yes

2. Yes. Just copy all the files. Create a game folder. Stick all games in.

3. Yes. It's probably better with older DSi firmware. Less chance of your card being blocked.

4. Doesn't matter if the firmware is updated. As long as they don't updated the DSI firmware then the games and the card will still work. If the DSi firmware was updated , you can always send them the updated patch files or show an adult how to do it over the phone or do it remote assistance on the PC yourself.

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
AKAIO has nothing to do with the DSi firmware update you will need to download the update from the Acekard site and run the patch for the AceKard2i's on a DSLite.

http://www.acekard.com/download/ak2/ak2ifw_update_3ds21_DSi143.zip

The DSi probably won't have it's firmware updated again but as long as the DSi's aren't updated before you run the AceKard firmware 2i update you'll be fine.

skafan12

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AKAIO has nothing to do with the DSi firmware update you will need to download the update from the Acekard site and run the patch for the AceKard2i's on a DSLite.

http://www.acekard.c...ds21_DSi143.zip

The DSi probably won't have it's firmware updated again but as long as the DSi's aren't updated before you run the AceKard firmware 2i update you'll be fine.

Thanks for your reply! What do you mean by the last part of your post? Do I need to use the DSi to run something on the Acekard before it can be used? Or can I just do everything from my DS Lite and mail them the cards?

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country

http://www.acekard.c...ds21_DSi143.zip

Thanks for your reply! What do you mean by the last part of your post? Do I need to use the DSi to run something on the Acekard before it can be used? Or can I just do everything from my DS Lite and mail them the cards?
At the moment because you don't know what DSi firmware they are on then my advice is to download the linked file and run it on your DSLite and the AceKard 2i's will be updated to work on the latest DSi firmware. However if the DSi firmware is updated in the future (a big if) then it would be better for your friends kids to wait until the AceKard team has a fix for the updated DSi firmware so that they can run it on their un-updated DSi's before they download the latest DSi firmware so that there AceKards will be patched to run on the new DSi firmware before they update to the DSi firmware.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: :rofl2: