The TurboGrafx-16 Mini gets new release date for the US, European launch still unclear

qxcvstb.png

Following the delay due to COVID-19, the TurboGrafx-16 Mini has found a new release date, at least in the United States. Those that pre-ordered the throwback console on Amazon can expect theirs to ship soon, and arrive on May 22nd. Initially, the system was supposed to release on March 19th worldwide, but it only managed to launch in Japan, with European shipments delayed indefinitely. The official Twitter account from Konami states that they're keeping an eye on a situation, and for those in Europe to hang in there as they try to get a new release date set in stone.

:arrow: Source

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Name 10 games to play that isn't a arcade port or Castlevania. :ninja:

Bonk
Air Zonk
Bomber man (94)
Alien Crush
Devils Crush
Magical Chase
Nexzr
Blazing Lasers (Gunhead)
Coryoon
L-Dis

I’m just out of my bed, so that’s just what came to mind. It’s by no means the best 10, though some are pretty good, some are awesome. And it’s just a drop in the pond of what’s available for PC Engine.

I also deliberately left out any RPG’s, as I can’t remember all the ones which have officially, or unofficially, been given an English conversion. Though if you happen to speak Japanese, then you’re in for a lot of fun.

Reactions: duwen and Broduskii

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's by far the most tempting of all the mini's so far... but even if I didn't have the full romset playable on any device that can run the appropriate emu's, the vc library I have on my vWii puts all of the combined 'minis' to shame.

Stwert

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's by far the most tempting of all the mini's so far... but even if I didn't have the full romset playable on any device that can run the appropriate emu's, the vc library I have on my vWii puts all of the combined 'minis' to shame.

To be honest, I really only buy them for collections sake. I’ve got 5 “Minis” so far and none have even been out of their boxes.

I’ve got all of the original systems, so I play them, but I just can’t help myself from buying gubbins for my collection, it’s an illness. Well, that’s going to be my excuse :D

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
To be honest, I really only buy them for collections sake. I’ve got 5 “Minis” so far and none have even been out of their boxes.

I’ve got all of the original systems, so I play them, but I just can’t help myself from buying gubbins for my collection, it’s an illness. Well, that’s going to be my excuse :D
yeah... I don't own a PC-E/TG16, which is probably why it's the most tempting one so far - especially given how I'm a massive shmup fan and it's the console of it's generation in that regard.
Guess I'll just keep wishing for that inheritance so I can get a Duo at some point along with a selection of some holy grails. :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Nobody is reading what you post.