Gaming Emulation The GBA has Fantasy Zone covered

patters

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have realised that using the various emulators for GBA, it's possible to play the following versions of Fantasy Zone and its spin-offs:
  • Fantasy Zone on MSX via MSXAdvance
  • Fantasy Zone on Master System via SMSAdvance
  • Fantasy Zone (U) (Tengen) on NES via PocketNES
  • Fantasy Zone (J) (Sunsoft) ơn NES vía PocketNES
  • Fantasy Zone (J) (Sunsoft, Neo Classic mod) on NES via PocketNES (from ROMHacking.net, improves the font and colour palettes)
  • Fantasy Zone (J) on PC Engine via PCEAdvance (a bit slow)
  • Fantasy Zone Gear on Game Gear via SMSAdvance
  • Fantasy Zone II - The Tears of Opa-Opa on Master System via SMSAdvance
  • Fantasy Zone II (J) - The Teardrop of Opa-Opa on NES via PocketNES
  • Space Fantasy Zone (J) (CD) (Unreleased) on PC Engine CD-ROM² via PCEAdvance
  • Opa Opa (J) on Master System via SMSAdvance
  • Galactic Protector (J) on Master System via SMSAdvance - well you can load it, but you can't play it since you need the paddle controller which isn't emulated
That's quite a list! It's only missing Fantasy Zone on X68000, Super Fantasy Zone on Megadrive, and Fantasy Zone Neo Classic from the PS2 Complete Collection.

Last edited by patters,
Reactions: hippy dave

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There are actually 2 different versions of the first fantasy zone on the nes. The first version was developed and published by Sunsoft in 1988. The second version was developed by pixel and published by Tengen.

The Tengen version is pretty much concidered to be bloody awful while the Sunsoft version is rather good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol