The 100th I need some anime recomendations thread

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
One Piece? Ignore the episodes after the time skip and its really good.

And everything with Naruto before the time skip is great.

Time skips seem to break animes.

I must say that even when I never really liked Naruto, I effectively couldn't take it anymore and stopped reading the manga one or two volumes after the first time skip.

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i may be a bit late for this but i don't watch long running shounen xD sorry
No, it's okay. It was just a recommendation, nothing more. : )

Hm.. sadly I'm not an expert at this. You surely know the Ghibli films already, do you?

For series .. how about Shonen Bat?

Reactions: LittleFlame

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
No, it's okay. It was just a recommendation, nothing more. : )

Hm.. sadly I'm not an expert at this. You surely know the Ghibli films already, do you?

For series .. how about Shonen Bat?

Do you mean Paranoia Agent?
Anything Satoshi Kon is interesting (including movies)

Reactions: Bimmel

Bimmel

~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I must say that even when I never really liked Naruto, I effectively couldn't take it anymore and stopped reading the manga one or two volumes after the first time skip.
I understand where you are coming from. Naruto was my first manga/anime, so I watched it through till the end - just to be very dissapointed. The time skip destroyed the whole balance of the characters, the fun from the series was cut out.. tragic. I like kid Naruto and the early episodes much more then anything else.

I'm just telling myself there never was a Shippuuden.

Do you mean Paranoia Agent?
Anything Satoshi Kon is interesting (including movies)
Oh.. I knew there something wrong with the title.. thanks. :)

But yes, that's what I meant. Not that many episodes, but really exciting.

Maybe for another movie suggestion I got "Das Mädchen das durch die Zeit sprang", but I don't know the english title. I should be something like "The girl that jumped through time".

It's about a girl that finds out that she can .. jump through time.. kinda obvious I guess. ;-)
But it's really well made and exciting, in a butterfly effect way.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Opinion: Big fight shouen animes are boring and made for money

I would stick with lower-season animes, with a concise story and an ending. Avoid movies, as they are usually done by someone other than the original director.

Personal favorites:
Gundam 00
Code Geass
Full Metal Alchemist
Guilty Crown
Space Dandy
Cowboy Bebop

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I'll check out GoSick and Lain
funny story about FMA brotherhood i heard a lot of good things about FMA but i never started to watch it but one day after rewatching Bounen no Xamdou [Xamd lost memories] i noticed how it was produced by bones so i checked out Soul eater HATED it then FMA loved it ;)

You should give Gunslinger Girl a try too, you'll get hocked with the first episode, the drama that the girls suffer makes you come back for more. you can ignore the second season(-Il Teatrino-) the first one is very conclusive and of a higher quality anyway.

I also recommended Kyoto animation in general because I like their art style, they always pull off very rich and colorful environments(oohh god the scene in temp 1 cap 5 of chuuni when they go to a shrine to "command" the gods to get Rikka to pass the exam), their coloring technique is the best you can find, and always deliver in the romance/comedy(I'm a sucker for comedic romance and the "cute girls doing cute things" genre) department.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu