Tempmas Event #3 - Tempmas Cards (Updated Deadline)!

Event 3.png

The Tempmas season continues, I hope everyone had a good warm-up for their think-muscles because this event is all about creativity! There's no better way to share holiday cheer than sending postcards to your close ones. The best kind of card is one that comes from the heart, that's why we're tasking you with creating a Tempmas card that will really spread the holiday spirit! Just to be clear, you don't have to be the next Van Gogh to participate - we'll be judging the amount of effort and creativity, not necessarily skill. How you create the card is up to you - you can use crayons, you can use Photoshop, you can use anything in-between, including pasta and glue. We'd like to see a card that shows what Tempmas means to you - a card that reflects our community and all of the good times we've had together over the course of the years. Because this event requires handiwork, we're going to give you ample time to prepare - this contest will last for three whole days, until December 22th 10PM GMT. Since the task is harder, the rewards are bigger too ($25, $20 and $15 gift card of choice), for the three best submissions we receive! In order to participate, post your postcard (see what I did there?) in the thread so we can all enjoy the fruits of your hard work - work which will be rewarded with whole 3 points towards the final raffle!

With the event announcement out of the way, it's time to announce the correct answers and the winners of event #2 - the great Dragon Quest for Dragon Injectors!

Here are the correct answers:
  1. The final boss of The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim was Alduin, the World Eater! Turns out that villainy bit the World Eater right in the tail!
  2. The remastered trilogy of Spyro games which reignited the series after a long string of Skylander games is called Spyro Reignited Trilogy - how fitting!
  3. Mario crashed Bowser's and Peach's wedding, which capped a very memorable odyssey.
  4. This question caused some confusion - we were specifically referring to Final Fantasy games, and as far as those are concerned, Bahamut debuted in the first installment and served the function of upgrading the player's class upon receiving a Rat's Tail. Dragons are quite sagely, I can see how they could teach characters new tricks, for a price.
  5. The Queen of the Land and the King of the Skies are named Rathian and Rathalos respectively - those pesky wyverns are as majestic as they are dangerous!
And here's our list of winners:
  1. @GameSystem
  2. @Diamondback2010
  3. @HaloEffect17
Congratulations to all of the winners - you will be contacted by our elves shortly in order to get your shipping details! Once again we want to thank @MatinatorX for sponsoring the event and making the holidays that much more merry! We hope that everyone will continue participating in this Tempmas season, and most importantly, that you'll all keep on Tempin'!

EDIT: In an unexpected turn of events one of the winners, @GameSystem, has decided to generously add his prize back into the prize pool, which means that we now have a 4th prize this time, a Dragon Injector! Woo-hoo!

WhiteMaze

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Here's my entry this year. Had this idea in my head for ages now. GOD BLESS TEMPMAS!

Physical card is attached, as well as the digital design.

IMG_20191220_210030.jpg

I would like to offer GBAtemp & the community, the files for this design. Use it for anything you like, editing, t-shirts, you name it.

All full resolution images and photoshop file, can be found here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/921wccw1dtw14ks/AAA8272nuobvMEEzjAdddkPOa?dl=0

Attachments

• IMG_20191220_205942.jpg
    IMG_20191220_205942.jpg
    651.1 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_20191220_210030.jpg
    IMG_20191220_210030.jpg
    726.3 KB · Views: 130
  • IMG_20191220_210046.jpg
    IMG_20191220_210046.jpg
    519.7 KB · Views: 130
  • GBATEMP 2019 TEMPAS.jpg
    GBATEMP 2019 TEMPAS.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
Last edited by WhiteMaze,

GameSystem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's funny, this is actually something I was going to post about! The Tempmas Council convened and has decided to extend the deadline for this contest to the 22nd of December 10PM GMT seeing that the task at hand is, admittedly, quite difficult. We'd also like to remind all of the prospective artists that participation in this event nets whole 3 points to your Tempmas tally, greatly increasing your chances of winning the final prize!
Could you make a temporary site news thing that shows the updated deadline? I'll go out on a limb and assume that potential people who were interested and then realized there wasn't enough time probably wouldn't check this thread again. If you made a new news submission just notifying everyone of the extended deadline, you might get renewed interest.

Reactions: CoolStarDood

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Could you make a temporary site news thing that shows the updated deadline? I'll go out on a limb and assume that potential people who were interested and then realized there wasn't enough time probably wouldn't check this thread again. If you made a new news submission just notifying everyone of the extended deadline, you might get renewed interest.
Changing the thread title should do. ;)

Reactions: GameSystem

Foxi4

Endless Trash
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I nearly didn't get to make a card myself, but here it is. Thanks for giving people more time to submit cards. Christmas preparations can be exhausting sometimes and I couldn't have made anything until the 20th.
I'm glad to hear that the extra time made a difference, we thought that giving the working folks the weekend to work on something nice made sense. :)

Half an hour left to post submissions or revisions, once the deadline is reached our elves will immediately start voting on the cards! :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played