Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
So I've been using my switch and recently this occured, it shows 94% on the home menu but hekate and status monitor insists it's on 80%. When I charge my switch it only goes up to 96% in the home menu. Is this a battery or software issue?
PXL_20230418_222611260.MP.jpg
PXL_20230418_222546515.jpg

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Seems like a software thing, I wouldn't worry much. Also, is that actually Pizza Tower on your switch or just a custom icon?
I'm thinking it's a hardware issue because I explained it to someone on the Nintendo Homebrew discord and was told it was likely hardware related. Also yeah, that is pizza tower...can't say how I got it as that would be mentioning piracy related groups however.

Reactions: jeffyTheHomebrewer

jeffyTheHomebrewer

Neato Burrito!
Trophies
Website
catboybeebop.neocities.org
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking it's a hardware issue because I explained it to someone on the Nintendo Homebrew discord and was told it was likely hardware related. Also yeah, that is pizza tower...can't say how I got it as that would be mentioning piracy related groups however.
Well.. you could drop an anon in my inbox at catboybeebop.tumblr.com about more infor on this "battery desync" if you catch my drift...
Post automatically merged:

That and considering that Hekate can run on lower power (like, less than 1%) I feel like hekate and HOS might calculate the battery percentage slightly differently, leading to the desync. That or your battery might just be a bit old.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
20230418_222932.jpg

b1a3c27e3069a0c12edc5d4e5f0fb9bc3473e340.jpeg

Well the fuel guage isn't working correctly you would get the case of 0 across the left side of the screen, im not 100% sure if it would affect it showing in correct battery percentage. In term of the battery health it looks normal on your.

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
View attachment 365810

View attachment 365811

Well the fuel guage isn't working correctly you would get the case of 0 across the left side of the screen, im not 100% sure if it would affect it showing in correct battery percentage. In term of the battery health it looks normal on your.
I'm gonna try swapping a battery from my old v1 switch when my father is home on the weekend, I don't trust myself with taking apart consoles lol. Glad to see it wasn't the fuel gauge at least.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm gonna try swapping a battery from my old v1 switch when my father is home on the weekend, I don't trust myself with taking apart consoles lol. Glad to see it wasn't the fuel gauge at least.

https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/341

Charge it back to 100% (4.2V), then to 0% (3.2V), then back to 100%. Check note
This will count as 2 full charge cycles and the % will probably be fixed on its own, or at least get closer to the correct one.

Try this

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
OP
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
https://github.com/CTCaer/hekate/issues/341

Charge it back to 100% (4.2V), then to 0% (3.2V), then back to 100%. Check note
This will count as 2 full charge cycles and the % will probably be fixed on its own, or at least get closer to the correct one.

Try this
I tried that already lol, it doesn't charge past 96% on the home menu, thanks though!
(Anyways it's awfully late where I live, I'll update this post once I've tried swapping the battery.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Anyone wanna play with my joydock
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Biomutant looks cool tho, may have to try that
  • Quincy @ Quincy:
    Usually when such a big title leaks the Temp will be the first to report about it (going off of historical reports here, Pokemon SV being the latest one I can recall seeing pop up here)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I still like how a freaking mp3 file hacks webos all that security defeated by text yet again
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They have simulators for everything nowdays, cray cray. How about a sim that shows you playing the Switch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's called yuzu
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I want a 120hz 4k tv but crazy how more expensive the 120hz over the 60hz are. Or even more crazy is the price of 8k's.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    No real point since movies are 30fps
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not a big movie buff, more of a gamer tbh. And Series X is 120hz 8k ready, but yea only 120hz 4k games out right now, but thinking of in the future.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Mostly why you never see TV manufacturers going post 60hz
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I only watch tv when i goto bed, it puts me to sleep, and I have a nas drive filled w my fav shows so i can watch them in order, commercial free. I usually watch Married w Children, or South Park
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stremio ruined my need for nas
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I stream from Nas to firestick, one on every tv, and use Kodi. I'm happy w it, plays everything. (I pirate/torrent shows/movies on pc, and put on nas)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Kodi repost are still pretty popular
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What the hell is Kodi reposts? what do you mean, or "Wut?" -xdqwerty
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google them basically web crawlers to movie sites
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    oh you mean the 3rd party apps on Kodi, yea i know what you mean, yea there are still a few cool ones, in fact watched the new planet of the apes movie other night w wifey thru one, was good pic surprisingly, not a cam
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, only $2.06 and free shipping. Gotta cost more for them to ship than $2.06
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I got my Dad a firestick for Xmas and showed him those 3rd party sites on Kodi, he loves it, all he watches anymore. He said he has got 3 letters from AT&T already about pirating, but he says f them, let them shut my internet off (He wants out of his AT&T contract anyways)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's where stremio comes to play never got a letter about it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just use a VPN, even give him my login and password so can use it also, and he refuses, he's funny.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had to find and get him an old style flip phone even without text, cause thats what he wanted. No text, no internet, only phone calls. Old, old school.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/z9E_uv5IT-o?si=0qMdVEnRK8mmclzS