Hacking stuck in 3DS splash screen with certain games / freeze?

Isegrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Hey folks,

Recently I've got finally my hands on a "new 3DS" (v 10.03.0-28 E) and flashed it with the latest CFW starter guide (latest versions of Luma, Bootstrap, GodMode ect). Runs very well. So far I'm really loving and enjoying it. I'm new to 3DS scene but not new with CFW in general.

However certain games like Metroid Samus Returns, Superstar Saga and Animal Crossing won't boot up and can't make it past the 3DS loading / splash screen. Have to hard shut down the system. Tried various sources (freeshop aswell), same problem, with the same games.

I couldn't find a clear solution or whats the problem in general. Any Idea?
Regards from Europe

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Try visiting the respective eShop page for each non-working game. You don't have to redownload them, just visit their pages. Also, did you update to the latest firmware? It's safe to do so.

Reactions: Isegrim

Isegrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Try visiting the respective eShop page for each non-working game. You don't have to redownload them, just visit their pages. Also, did you update to the latest firmware? It's safe to do so.

Actually I'm not sure to update yet.
The last handheld I modded was the PS Vita TV to henkaku. Since you can't really downgrade it I'm kinda too careful with rushed steps, I guess.

Since I'm pretty new the whole 3DS CFW thing (one week in) I'm still learning how this works and what I should aware of.

Some topics / posts I've found (regarding some kind of freezing games, no thread covered my exact issue) recommended update to a "certain" version like 11.5. This version it still pretty easy to hack.

An auto menu update will update the emu nand and nand to 11.6? Or only the emunand on the sd card?
Sorry if I'm not really know what I'm talking about^^

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Is there a reason why you have an EmuNAND? Unless you have a Gateway, it's not necessary. Anyway, once you have custom firmware, it's safe to update through System Settings. It'll only update which NAND you're running.

Reactions: Isegrim

Isegrim

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
hm, Probably I don't have set up any emu nand. So far I can recollect I could n't back up one in the first place at the end of the 3ds hacks guide. I googled it yesterday and a post stated this is outdated due to the latest development in the scene.

However I updated the system and it seems like to run fine. The mentioned games work now. That's so awesome.

Thanks for the quick help and for clearing things up

Last edited by Isegrim,
Reactions: Joom

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2