Hardware Spotting a fake micro sd after the fact.

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I over the years have bought micro sd cards from places like Staples, Walmart, Amazon and Ebay. I usually go with SanDisk only because I have had nothing but pure reliability from SanDisk products. My issue now stems from me dropping off fake cards I bought without thinking, but my issue now is I have no remembrance of the packaging and no way to begin to tell if the cards are fake. Now these are not expensive cards or anything like that.

Okay so all 5 tested to read and write at full capacity. The far left 16gb texture, font and color are off. The 32gb plus, the font and color are off. The 200gb the plus is off. Can anyone shed some light of high resolution photos of there sandisk cards.

Attachments

• 20180419_052742.jpg
    20180419_052742.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 279

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
i got 3 of thosoe sandisk cards (32 GB) bought all them from a major retail chain, they have like different "stickers" quality lol.. bought them at different times and one of them is one of thoose class U3
one the sticker seems pixelated while the other is fine, one even looks kinda off..
i sent email and info to sandisk and they assure me they are official ones, and i bought them from one of the biggest retailer chain here (mediamarkt) so...

already tested and they do work fine, all about the same speeds (close to advertised) except for the faster u3 one, which is obviously faster

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea all have been tested with h2, I was just confused by mainly the plus text since I've never seen a lower tier one with the plus text. Too bad they don't imprint serial numbers on the card itself we can then check lol

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea all have been tested with h2, I was just confused by mainly the plus text since I've never seen a lower tier one with the plus text. Too bad they don't imprint serial numbers on the card itself we can then check lol
they do, turn the card around and you should see some really light numbers on the side opposite the contacts

OfficialFBomb

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well the number is there but you can't check that number against a data base from SanDisk, and they can use the number on fakes as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    light27 @ light27: you guys need to stay away from @AncientBoi o.o