ROM Hack Animal Crossing: New Leaf Save Editor

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello! I have some questions about the editor. Under the 'Buildings' tab, for example, when you move the bulletin board or island storage bin to somewhere where they shouldn't be will it render the game unplayable because they are supposed to be next to the train station and the dock respectively?
Basically, if I want to move the bulletin to the south part of my town would that be okay?

If they aren't attached and are move-able separately, then I think it should be okay. The town plaza cobblestone and town tree are able to be separated and kept away from each other. All I can say is make a backup that you don't edit, and edit a copy of it instead, and try it out.

adolpha

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
hello again, editing has been all well and good, but i wanted to move my house 3 squares left and marshal 10 squares down, i put it in the ram editor all well and good, and injected it all well and good and opened acnl. the image of the house has moved but there is an invisible barrier where the old house was. this makes me unable to go inside my house and go inside other villigers houses. i can walk straight through my house. :/

any help?

thanks

BananaForScale

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hello again, editing has been all well and good, but i wanted to move my house 3 squares left and marshal 10 squares down, i put it in the ram editor all well and good, and injected it all well and good and opened acnl. the image of the house has moved but there is an invisible barrier where the old house was. this makes me unable to go inside my house and go inside other villigers houses. i can walk straight through my house. :/

any help?

thanks

Make sure you have a backup save file just in case, as you always should.

Save and Quit. Reload the game, it should all be working again.

iepuras

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hi - uhm - I am wondering if someone else has experienced what I just did when I injected a dream address. :mellow:
when it was done skipping to the next day, I exited the house as the mayor of that town, and not as my own mayor. is it supposed to do that? I just wanted to check.

Sopheroo

Actually Homestuck
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi - uhm - I am wondering if someone else has experienced what I just did when I injected a dream address. :mellow:
when it was done skipping to the next day, I exited the house as the mayor of that town, and not as my own mayor. is it supposed to do that? I just wanted to check.
Yups, it's supposed to do this. You're injecting the whole sav of this dream town, including the mayor

Cey

full of bees
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they are. I checked in the RAM editor and I can see the values but it doesn't say which is which. If anyone knows for certain that they have the hybrid roses can they check for me?

I have special red roses bred from blue roses. There are two flags visible for me:

0x000000b2 - normal red roses
0x004000b2 - special red roses
0x005400b2 - special red roses

jmml97

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What I would like to do is modify the grass deterioration values on each tile. Is it possible modifying the HEX code of the RAM dump?

PeachyPrincess

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium

Did you dump your file while visiting a dream town? I also want to use a dream town as my town. And does it work just like your own town?

derteufel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did you dump your file while visiting a dream town? I also want to use a dream town as my town. And does it work just like your own town?

I tested this for you and it does work as your own town. But you'll be keeping that person's catalog, badges, town name, character names, etc. So it's basically as if they had given you their cartridge to play with/keep.

trakskills

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if it's known right here, but I got this working with a digital copy and RX-Mode.

1. Install Emunand
2. Start Emunand and Update it with the Rom Cooking Mama: Bon Appetit to 9.2
3. Install the legit and perfect .cia of ACNL to your Emunand.
4. Restart 3ds and open RX-Tools.
5. Start RX-Mode
6. Start the Valid ACNL .cia
7. Go to Browser and open the ACNL-Editor Exploit.

The Screen will become green for a few seconds. After it, it will return to home menu. So you don't need any retail game to make this work.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So something odd happend:
My town tree has the same coordinates in two different saves, both are from the same town. One, however I have hacked, but the tree is in the same place, but the plaza is somewhere else. Both are listed in slot 12 in the RAM editor. However, in the hacked file, the byte representing slot 12 is 0C. But in the newer save, which has a bigger tree, that same byte is BB. Is that byte still representing slot 12? I don't think it is. But the question is, where is 0c?
Also I'm stuck above my house. When I tried moving my house the game left my old house where it was, along with the new one. The new one was displayed as my house but the old one was still there, and it was the house I came out of when I loaded the game. I tried moving the two houses to the same coordinates, and it worked, although the old house was still there, and when I opened the door to the new house you could see the old one. I have been able to leave the house and run around quite a few times, but today I am stuck in an area above the houses, and can't get down. I think I'll create a new character, and delete one of the houses by injecting a new save, which may solve the issue, but how do I delete the old house? I'm restoring the my old file, which I made before trying to change the town tree size, with powersaves.

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I moved my house, but the old house is still there and the map says that house is my house
what is happening This has worked before someone please help

Ok it's back to normal, I restored a save state. But I feel I am not the best person to find the size of the town tree, this is my first time doing something like this, and I think it is too difficult for a first-timer. I can say that what you need to do is find the number the town plaza is in the buildings section of the editor, and convert it from decimal to hexadecimal, then do the same for the coordinates. I had 12, so it was 0c and the coordinates were 40x38, which are 28x26 in hex. I found 0c at offset 49570 and the coordinates at offset 49550, but 0c did not appear in my other town file. Part of the reason I am giving up is because there seems to be no pattern or any clues to as what is what, there is barely any similarity to the bytes in save one and save two, even though one is a copy of the other, but with locations moved around and different tree sizes. I guess this is part of the process, but it is hard to know what to change the numbers to, and if I should change something like 44, or 59, and if that doesn't work, if it means none of the other 44s will work. I also am going on a trip for a few days and won't have access to my computer, making me an even worse candidate for something like this. I bit off more than I could chew, but I hope the information I gave will help. I don't think 00 is what will change it, as that seems to be the start of the growth cycle of the tree, and my tree is at stage five in my hacked save. F8 crashes the game when changed, and 00, 1B, 0D, 3B, 8E, 1F, 0C, 5C, and possibly a few others did nothing when I changed them. I thought it would be logical for 5C to change the size, it has C (the hex for 12) and a 5 (the growth stage of my town tree) in it, but alas, it did nothing when I changed it to 7C. It's hard, nobody has tried something like this, and I feel the more experienced hackers should do this one. I'm sorry for giving up, I just feel lost and confused, everything is so illogical when finding the town tree size. It doesn't help that I get impatient, and I'm tired of having my hopes crushed each time nothing happens. I'm sorry.

STara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i need some help.. I follow all the steps and when i go back in town after it flashes green for the inject part, it freezes my game and errors, not saving my progress.
How do i stop this? Does is have to do with replacing the acnlram.bin with the saved edited one? (I did that but i feel like that's a problem??)

Kippy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, i need some help.. I follow all the steps and when i go back in town after it flashes green for the inject part, it freezes my game and errors, not saving my progress.
How do i stop this? Does is have to do with replacing the acnlram.bin with the saved edited one? (I did that but i feel like that's a problem??)

You might be doing something that makes the game not work, if i'm understanding correctly
What did you edit?

STara

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You might be doing something that makes the game not work, if i'm understanding correctly
What did you edit?

I'm pretty sure thats the problem..
I replaced some villagers with others and added pink roses in various spots.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-