Hacking Slow sound in EBOOTs

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I recently blew new life into my PSP-3000s by hacking them using LME v6.61.
Wanting to play some rare PSX EBOOTs that I couldn't find an already converted version of, I created quite a few using PSX2PSP, with compression set to 2.

A few games however, have incredibly slow audio, like it's playing at half speed. Gameplay seems like normal though.

Two of those games are International Superstar Soccer Deluxe (PAL) and Jikkyou Oshaberi Parodius (J).
Their audio is severely affected.
Other custom EBOOTs don't have the same problem and play and sound as normal.

I'm 99% sure the rate of compression has nothing to do with it.

Last edited by SaddQ,

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
Hello:)

I recently blew new life into my PSP-3000s by hacking them using LME v6.61.
Wanting to play some rare PSX EBOOTs that I couldn't find an already converted version of, I created quite a few using PSX2PSP, with compression set to 2.

A few games however, have incredibly slow audio, like it's playing at half speed.
Maybe the Compression it too high,please try 1-2 or better 0.

Thank you.:)

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

Which Games have this Issues please ?

As mentioned before, two of the games I found have this issue are ISS Deluxe and Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me. Both are older games and both might use a different audio format. Something like Redbook? I don't have a clue about it.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
As mentioned before, two of the games I found have this issue are ISS Deluxe and Oshaberi Parodius: Forever With Me. Both are older games and both might use a different audio format. Something like Redbook? I don't have a clue about it.

Tested both Eboots (from PSX Games) on the PSP-1004 with 6.61 PROMOD C2p.

Can confirm,these 2 Games (Uncompressed) have this Issue.I did not find them on any Compatiblitly List for POPS Loader so I think it is as it is - not working correctly.
Tried different POPS Loader Version,raised the PSP´s Game Clock,raised Reading Speed....

There are also "no custom Eboots" in the Internet from these 2 Games.:(

Last edited by Alexander1970,
Reactions: SaddQ

SaddQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Tested both Eboots (from PSX Games) on the PSP-1004 with 6.61 PROMOD C2p.

Can confirm,these 2 Games (Uncompressed) have this Issue.I did not find them on any Compatiblitly List for POPS Loader so I think it is as it is - not working correctly.
Tried different POPS Loader Version,raised the PSP´s Game Clock,raised Reading Speed....

There are also "no custom Eboots" in the Internet from these 2 Games.:(

It seems to be a problem with the audio only though. Any ideas if a fix for that is possible? I read something about older PSX games using a different audio format compared to newer ones and therefore not running correctly without some additional hocus-pocus.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof