Returning a defective item to shoptemp

portezbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've written about this issue before but basically a 4gb kingston microsd I purchased from shoptemp failed on me and in order to get a new one they reasonably would like me to mail them back the defective one. I am wondering though if this even makes any sense or if I am just kinda screwed here. I buy stuff online all the time but very rarely use snail mail myself, wouldn't mailing the card back to china cost me the same amount or more as just buying a new one? Is there a cheap way to do this?

The whole situation is pretty annoying honestly. I mean I completely understand them needing to protect themselves against fraudulent claims, but from what I understand a lot of people have been receiving defective cards recently from them and it seems like they should make some more effort to right this situation. Maybe they are just hurting themselves, I am definitely never ordering memory from them again, and this will probably make me reconsider buying other stuff from them as well(although I am cheap and their prices are good so probably not).

This all feels like way too much effort over 10 bucks, but still it is irritating.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes it's annoying but like you said, they have to protect themselves. 10 bucks may not seem like a lot, but considering the amount of orders they must get, it could soon add up.

The team have actually been in touch with me recently, and they said they've switched their memory card supplier due to an unreasonable amount of faulty cards coming through with their previous one. Apparently their new supplier is a lot stricter with QA so I'd be surprised it ANY of their new memory cards are faulty.

Returning the product is up to you. I guess it depends on how cheap you can return it.

portezbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I meant 10 bucks for me isn't the end of the world, of course as you said it could add up to alot for them. Don't you think it is kind of lame though that they found a definite problem with their supply, admitted to it, and aren't making any extra efforts to rectify the problem? It seems like they should make a special allowance in this instance. I know this is what a lot of other vendors would do.

Regardless do you, or anyone else, have any advice for returning it on the cheap? As I said usps is about all I know and that is rarely cheap.

portezbie

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After further emails with shoptemp and explaining the situation fully and what I have read here and on their site, I wanted to let everyone know that the matter was resolved to my satisfaction. They gave me store credit for half tof the price of the card which seemed pretty reasonable to me. It did take some cajoling, but I understand they don't want to be taken advantage of either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: it was also the only game I played