Hacking Recover Wii U NAND is possible ?

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If I posted in the wrong area sorry but... I'm desperate !!
I Turn on the console and It appears the logo of Wii U and after a few seconds... the error code 160 0103 memory system error, Yes My Wii U Is broken and I don't know what to do !

Please somebody help me, I can't send my Wii U for Nintendo because I living in Brazil... There is some way to recover/repair Wii U NAND ? or force Wii U to update ( or last update )? anything I can even try to do to not lose my console?

Please see the video, I explained and showed well what happens

Please Help...

Cyberevan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
This issue is commonly caused by powering off the console while ingame.. Powering off the console while the game is saving causes a corruption in the memory... And after having this error then reformatting causes brick... So no luck here, should be returned to nintendo...

cavolo

Trophies
XP
Country
France
This issue is commonly caused by powering off the console while ingame.. Powering off the console while the game is saving causes a corruption in the memory... And after having this error then reformatting causes brick... So no luck here, should be returned to nintendo...

So if there is a power cut in my house while I'am playing, my console basicaly will be dead ? oO

Plunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So if there is a power cut in my house while I'am playing, my console basicaly will be dead ? oO

As with most storages devices, if you cut the power mid-writing there will be a good chance of corruption (sometimes fixable, sometimes not)

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I posted in the wrong area sorry but... I'm desperate !!
I Turn on the console and It appears the logo of Wii U and after a few seconds... the error code 160 0103 memory system error, Yes My Wii U Is broken and I don't know what to do !

Please somebody help me, I can't send my Wii U for Nintendo because I living in Brazil... There is some way to recover/repair Wii U NAND ? or force Wii U to update ( or last update )? anything I can even try to do to not lose my console?

Please see the video, I explained and showed well what happens

Please Help...

You really don't give enough information for people to give effective help.

What region is the Wii U?
What firmware version were you on?
Did you try to update recently?
What games did you recently play?
Are you blocking Nintendo servers?
Did you try to use any Wii U or vWii custom/home brew software?
Did it work? Did it fail? What happened?
Did you update or download/install any Wii U game content?
Did you have any other problems before this happened?

If it was after Smash Brothers, did you try this ? :
https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2p7f7k/solution_error_1600103_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u/

What have you tried?

You should also eliminate absolutely everything that is connected to or inside of your Wii U.
No usb devices connected.
No sd cards.
No game discs.

Pull down your router so the Wii U can not find the router or Internet.

If your Wii U is in standby mode, that will most likely never give you a true cold boot.
Standby mode is usually a warm boot.
In order to cold boot, you will have to unplug unit for 30 seconds to a minute.
Unplug it when you are going to do something else like get a drink or take a pee that way you won't care how long it is unplugged.

Last edited by Bug_Checker_,

Net-KILLER

computer says no
Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
You really don't give enough information for people to give effective help.

What region is the Wii U?
What firmware version were you on?
Did you try to update recently?
What games did you recently play?
Are you blocking Nintendo servers?
Did you try to use any Wii U or vWii custom/home brew software?
Did it work? Did it fail? What happened?
Did you update or download/install any Wii U game content?
Did you have any other problems before this happened?

If it was after Smash Brothers, did you try this ? :
https://www.reddit.com/r/wiiu/comments/2p7f7k/solution_error_1600103_super_smash_bros_for_wii_u/

What have you tried?

You should also eliminate absolutely everything that is connected to or inside of your Wii U.
No usb devices connected.
No sd cards.
No game discs.

Pull down your router so the Wii U can not find the router or Internet.

If your Wii U is in standby mode, that will most likely never give you a true cold boot.
Standby mode is usually a warm boot.
In order to cold boot, you will have to unplug unit for 30 seconds to a minute.
Unplug it when you are going to do something else like get a drink or take a pee that way you won't care how long it is unplugged.
Thats why I asked if he had formated the wiiu.
AFAIK that would end up in a full brick.

But he doesn't answer - so he don't need our help anymore.

Last edited by Net-KILLER,

Moon164

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I Don't have played the Smash Bros, I don't have this game... My Wii U is American ( NTSC ) But your language is Portuguese-Brazil, I don't tried updated or anything else because he crash in the logo ( see video ), I can't access the menu of console...

nothing connected to USB, SD or Disk and router is turned off

I don't try to format it why as I said before I can not access the console menu...

the only thing I have not tried is to remove the internal battery for fear of making things worse and think that this will not help at all since the problem is in the memory

Sorry for my english again... but, There is not even any way to recover or reset the NAND?, on the Wii I remember the ''Full-Brick'' Solution that completely reset the NAND, Wii U does not have something like this?

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Something happened when you was playing and corrupted flash memory. If you try to cut it off without exit game can corrupt wiiu memory, probably you do this sometimes. Wiiu memory is much sensible, if you can buy a pendrive/HD/to play the games do this. Dont try install a game in memory and erase, INSTALL and erase.

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
If it's possible it might be more expensive than buying a console only Wii U so I would move on and look for that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: (not my chat status, my actual forum title, such as "Well-known user")