Randomly generated game story?

PalindromicBreadLoaf

Just a duck floating in a pond.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it would, you just have to really love the project and devote a ton of time developing the different stories and paths that you would have to take.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
In the future I imagine AI generation would be able to do things here. Right now things are limited to composing music, writing news stories about fairly simple things (this stock went up, here are some things that follow from that and led to that, more importantly though it can do it in fractions of a second so you get to be first to the press and also not have to pay writers to do boring stuff like this -- https://www.marketingaiinstitute.com/blog/how-to-make-blogging-easier-with-artificial-intelligence ), and generating static pictures of specific things it has been trained to produce (or more likely categorise first), however all of those were once considered outside the realm of machines.

More practically in the short term there are two routes.
1) The branching events thing mentioned be FEF1. Branching is an absolute bastard though as it increases the work needing to be done very quickly. For a fork in the road choice done for four story events you up it from needing to write 4 events to 1 + 2 + 4 + 8 = 15 events, 31 if you then make it 5...
2) The thing seen in roguelikes, modern ones especially. Lots of individual, often scripted, events, being told in various patterns to make a unique story each time and done essentially randomly. While roguelikes are the main example I would probably look at life simulators first, http://www.academagia.com/ being a favourite.

This AI story generation has me curious. I reckon you could probably train it up with some typical story telling models, excitement graphing and so forth and get something fairly generic. Text to speech is getting very good so you could probably sample some voice actor and generate lines accordingly, 3d animation is nothing major here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Taylor Swift death metal AI cover please lol