Random Dragon Introduction

Scrydan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Felt like randomly joining. I am no stranger to the scene (I am staff on another similar smaller site focused on SMW, you probably heard of it lol) but in a way I am partly new in the sense I've never done anything homebrew before. I have to say it went surprisingly well but I guess I took all the good precautions and my overly cautious nature in such areas helped.

I have experience with ROM edits and similar things of course. Thinking of doing tools one of these days when I am not focused on my other projects.

So a bit about me since that's what this thread is for. Who knew? Most call me Scrydan or even Scry. Sort of depends. I am a game developer, writer, programmer, artist (of sorts), composer (somewhat), entertainer, and a few odds and ends basically. While basically a jack of many trades, I do have some in Aces. Programming and website related stuff for one. I tend to do ambitious projects in nature and usually the more difficult the project, the more hyped, focused, passionate, and overall stronger sense of force I tend to be. I enjoy good challenges, and something that can benefit many folks is something I always look forward to doing.

The only unfortunate downside to all this ability and knowledge is it tends to overwhelm more than anything and without direction or others to back it up it kind of either slowly crawls along or gets rotated out with my many other projects. Most of my passion and strength comes from working with code. Most of the time it just makes sense to me. Where many probably try to plan some things out, I tend to see solutions nearly instantly or even work out how to make them more efficient than common first drafts. Bug fixes are a fairly strong suit of mine as well. It is all just one infinitely evolving puzzle to solve after all.

So what brings me here? Besides the mentioned homebrewing experience on the Switch (haven't done any before) and maybe finding folks to talk to, randomness and probably various variables.Probably could have joined sooner, and probably could have done so later. But now is the time and I guess we'll see where that goes.

One thing I have sought after for a long time now is a real fun posting experience. Unfortunately Social Media is evil and mostly makes forums either die or become less active. I much MUCH prefer the visible posting and structure of forums. Everywhere else, like Discord, tends to have messages disappear into the void. Which saddens me a great deal. I am even working on my own software which is a 2.0 of an older version I worked on back in 2010. It is my hope that it'll be useful and a better (and free) alternative that is flexible enough for most needs, and then some more.

Plus there's some interesting things I am working on as far as experimental features and such goes. I'd like to do something that no sites are doing now or haven't tried or thought of yet. The idea of enabling the software to do so and benefit sites that use it would be a lot of fun. But it probably isn't going to be anything revolutionary, for now. But I feel a strong connection with my work and am confident it will be important one day.

So yeah, guess that's enough rambling for now. I am hoping to possibly met some interesting folk but I am usually slow to do so. Not as bad as in the past but I still have some social growth to do. As most folks do really. The day we stop learning is the day we begin to really die. So here's to learning some new things and maybe putting some of these abilities to use somewhere.

(Oh and I suppose I am a dragon or something. Yeah. If you'd like to contact me, please do so in PM/conversation. Happy to offer Discord contacts if interested! Probably best place to reach me really.)

Scrydan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the welcome! And yeah, sites like this are indeed fun. I also had an old RPG system for my site I am likely to work on more at some point. Basically gold/exp was earned based on content and also helping folks out "doing quests". The 2.0 should be fun to work on more! I do doubt I'll earn much here for the time being, but I can at least post and "get out of new land" so to speak. So many places to explore it seems. xD

Also yay for posting 3-5 am in the morning. Why I can't seem to sleep hours earlier than usual is certainly beyond me. I get focused or want to chat and my processes focus purely on that instead of recovery. I even had to recover from some annoying eye irritant or whatever that caused some pain in my eyes for 3 or so days. Mostly better now but here's hoping that continues to be the case!

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Welcome.
You a dragon?
a09MbXQ_700b.jpg

Reactions: Alexander1970

Scrydan

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Strange. Wasn't expecting much views and now suddenly a few thousand? Neat!

Thanks for the welcome! I do hope to be active but we'll see. When the right circumstances appear, I can be easily a top poster but doubt I will be anywhere near the top here. Hah!

Pharaoh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey brother I read your introduction and wanted to say you seem pretty cool and I would love to hear more about version 2.0 that you talked about. I too agree that social media has become sort of boring and basically a bunch of pointless meaningless content most of the time anyway lol. So welcome and maybe we can be friends I am sure there is a lot I can learn from you.

Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: