Hacking R4i Gold V1.4.1 r4igold.cn update help please

alicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi... I am new to this so pls bare with me... my son has a R4i Gold V1.4.1 card that I would like to upgrade. I've tried lots and lots on the net and don't seem to be getting anywhere. The card was set up with the following files / folders when I purchased it:
data (folder)
dsxreader (folder)
moonshl2 (folder)
NDSMAIL (folder)
Plugins (folder)
Skins (folder)
System (folder)
iLL.iL
TTMENU.SYS

Just wondering if someone could please in 'basic' language... provide me instructions on how I go about updating this software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I've looked at lots of suggestions and 'how to's' on the web... and I don't seem to be getting anywhere.

Thanks for looking.

alicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
What exact update do you want?
Do you want to update it to make it work with the 1.4.3 DSi, or to make it work with new games?

Hi... sorry this has taken me a while to get back on here... I would like to update it so that it works with the 1.4.3 DSi please...

Buleste

Old Fart
Trophies
Website
www.redbubble.com
XP
Country
alicon said:
AlanJohn said:
Do you want to update it to make it work with the 1.4.3 DSi, or to make it work with new games?

Hi... sorry this has taken me a while to get back on here... I would like to update it so that it works with the 1.4.3 DSi please...
Your card cannot be updated (web address is in the title of the thread) so that it will work on 1.4.3. You need a new card. Make sure that you buy a card that has been patched in the past as this gives you an indication that should there be a future DSi firmware update it can be patched in the future. Try buying an AceKard 2i rather than cheap R4 rip offs.

alicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Buleste said:
alicon said:
AlanJohn said:

Your card cannot be updated (web address is in the title of the thread) so that it will work on 1.4.3. You need a new card. Make sure that you buy a card that has been patched in the past as this gives you an indication that should there be a future DSi firmware update it can be patched in the future. Try buying an AceKard 2i rather than cheap R4 rip offs.

Thanks for that... can you just answer me one more question... is it not able to be updated because the update is not available yet... or is it that this type of card cannot be updated at all.... thanks again!

alicon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Rydian said:
There's not really a way to be sure. Sometimes even if the cart can be updated, they won't release one to make sure that you buy a new one (which is more money for them).

Just buy a non-clone cart and avoid these issues.

http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=290097&hl=

Thanks so much for your help
smile.gif
... hi ho hi ho... it's a shopping I will go
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @RedColoredStars, I've got a fairly dark sense of humor lol.