Hacking R4i 1.4.3e Question

tunaspirit

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I'm planning to purchase a new R4i Gold Card, as I accidentally updated my firmware on my DSi XL to 1.4.3e and it bricked my card.
Now I'm seeing these flashcards who require an update from before 1.4.3e, and I can't seem to find an answer whether they will run on 1.4.3e without updating..

Are there any cards that can be directly ran on a 1.4.3e DSi XL, without updating the flashcard and such?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Unless your dealer updates the firmware for you, it most likely won't run on the latest firmwares. Or if it's a very recent batch of those carts, it might already be flashed to the latest bootstrap update (which is very unlikely). Anyways I can't guarantee you that it'll run on the latest firmware without updating manually.

You can ask your dealer to flash it for you, prior to sending it to you (and you could test it, if you trust your dealer...), or borrow a ds phat/lite from somebody. The next time, you won't need a ds phat/lite to update, if you update your flashcart before updating your dsi.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Nope, if they say that it runs on v1.4.3, it means that its boot-strap is able to update in order to circumvent the dsi's block. It doesn't mean that they will update the cart, prior to sending it to you. You can send them an email and see if they update it for you, or just borrow another system.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: