Hacking [Question] If I am on ps4 firmware 4.55 would you recommend an update to 5.05?

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will be trying the 1.5 Vortex Hen myself, looks like it lists as being updated 8 hours ago.

https://github.com/xvortex/ps4-hen-vtx/releases/tag/1.5

My experience with Mira and 5.05, was that it is much less stable than 4.55 when starting. With Mira and 5.05, and have had several full system crashes on the the PS4. (Fat Ps4)

With 4.55 I never had any. (Had them with 4.05 also)

I had read that the waking from rest issue was only due to Mira. Can someone try the 1.5 xvortex release and see if waking from rest on 5.05 works?

I hear using Vortex hen 1.5, rest mode works under 5.05. Going to confirm myself tonight hopefully.

So it looks like it is Mira causing the issues with resume from rest mode.

crimpshrine

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for testing :) will add to my host pack tomorrow.

Also I have been testing and so far besides resume from rest mode working, the success rate at exploiting (without memory error or PS4 crash) seems to be higher than Mira for me.

Curious if others find the same.

darkfuturez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
5.05 is definitely worth upgrading to. I didn't find too many games I wanted to play on the 4.55 firmware, but now I have a half dozen queued up.

Randall Stevens

Not a fan of stupid people
Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Someone over at HAX posted that the exploit didn't survive rest mode on 5.05. Anyone else confirm this or was it just him?
I got lots of probe with it too. Especially in rest mode..... One or two games crashing it too. On off doest work so have to take out the power cord...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol