Hardware PSP Display Output Cables

Xarsah16

GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Apparently you have ONE MORE problem with your Mac compared to Windows users : You can't get the plugin to work properly.
Maybe your mistake was buying a Mac...;)

Dude, it's not my fault the plugin was coded improperly. Don't blame me and my decision.

Please take your mac hating somewhere else. And don't ever tell me again that I made a mistake.

You're going on my permanent blocklist because I don't ever want to hear this again from you. I'm sorry. If you're joking, it isn't well received at all.

remlei

Trophies
XP
Country
the reason why PSP games looks so bad on your HDTV is this:

- Your TV is not a native 240p resolution (obviously)
- Your TV is not smart enough to reprocess the video (Samsung SmartTV does have this option which eliminates interlacing and blur which is one big time problem on HDTV using on old 480i/p (or older) devices.)

To solve it without using a SmartTV:

- Buy a HDTV converter (there should be a PSP to HDMi converter out there)
- Play it on your Jailbroken PS3 (yeah, its truly a remaster look since the graphics is reprocessed by PS3 for HD output)

Other option:

*but you will suffer from very noticeable input delay

- Remote Joy Lite

Reactions: Xarsah16

Arm73

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I can't believe this guy and his rude, pessimistic attitude.

And he expects people to help?

LoL
Yeah I was just making a sarcastic joke because he got so pissed off when somebody told him his problem was the Mac, so I was just trying to be funny and light up the mood.
Sorry the joke wasn't very well received and understood and the moderator felt the need to erase my post, but this guy is just so touchy when somebody mentions a Mac and he gets so mad about it that is actually funny ;)

In the future I will refrain to post sarcastic jokes.

SolidSnake95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I was just making a sarcastic joke because he got so pissed off when somebody told him his problem was the Mac, so I was just trying to be funny and light up the mood.
Sorry the joke wasn't very well received and understood and the moderator felt the need to erase my post, but this guy is just so touchy when somebody mentions a Mac and he gets so mad about it that is actually funny ;)

In the future I will refrain to post sarcastic jokes.

Well he's practically been rude to everyone he's replied to.

Xarsah16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
the reason why PSP games looks so bad on your HDTV is this:

- Your TV is not a native 240p resolution (obviously)
- Your TV is not smart enough to reprocess the video (Samsung SmartTV does have this option which eliminates interlacing and blur which is one big time problem on HDTV using on old 480i/p (or older) devices.)

To solve it without using a SmartTV:

- Buy a HDTV converter (there should be a PSP to HDMi converter out there)
- Play it on your Jailbroken PS3 (yeah, its truly a remaster look since the graphics is reprocessed by PS3 for HD output)

Other option:

*but you will suffer from very noticeable input delay

- Remote Joy Lite

Thanks for the info. I was going to try Remote Joy Lite, just haven't gotten around to it. Hopefully soon I'll be able to afford an HDMI converter - not sure whether I'm ready to blow $60+ bucks though on something that may break a week later.

Don't own a PS3, so that's out of the question.

SolidSnake95 Which guy? The one I blocked? Unless you're mistaking me for a male (if you are, I'm surprised you haven't seen my sig) - and when someone's personally attacking me, I have every right to get angry. I'm usually nice to everyone, a bit sarcastic at times too, but that's almost always jokingly, and I usually make it known. I don't have a shitlist, but I do have a bad side - and if you deliberately anger me, you will be put on my bad side. if I say I don't like something, don't keep doing it in front of me, especially in the thread I started. Simple as that.

Remlei said nothing rude to me at all - in fact, Remlei was very helpful to me.

Ozito

Who you gonna call?
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I bought a component cable not that long ago for my psp3k, it's not expensive and it's better than the composite cable.
I know that taking pictures at the tv doesn't give you a real perspective on how it's really going to look like, but sometimes it's nice to know how it kind of is going to look like.

So i took a couple of pictures on Pursuit Force running on a 42" plasma. Notice how much black boarders you get, it doesn't bother me though.

Xarsah16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a component cable not that long ago for my psp3k, it's not expensive and it's better than the composite cable.
I know that taking pictures at the tv doesn't give you a real perspective on how it's really going to look like, but sometimes it's nice to know how it kind of is going to look like.

So i took a couple of pictures on Pursuit Force running on a 42" plasma. Notice how much black boarders you get, it doesn't bother me though.

Thanks for the input :) the black border would bother me, though. Guess I'm just sticking with what I have, and I will ask my local used game store if they have a third party solution. <3

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I've recently played a little bit of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in HD by connecting the PSP via USB to a laptop using RemoteJoy Lite and then connecting the laptop to a TV over HDMI and it wasn't half bad since it's the laptop that bothered with all the upscaling and filtering, not the TV - that's one way to get rid of the black border. The other is to find a compatible version of Fusa SD.

Xarsah16

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've recently played a little bit of Monster Hunter Freedom Unite in HD by connecting the PSP via USB to a laptop using RemoteJoy Lite and then connecting the laptop to a TV over HDMI and it wasn't half bad since it's the laptop that bothered with all the upscaling and filtering, not the TV - that's one way to get rid of the black border. The other is to find a compatible version of Fusa SD.

Thanks! :) I'll keep that in mind, but it is a lot of work lol. My setup for using my laptop isn't quite ideal at my desk where my TV is because there's no more free outlets and I would need to get an extension cord.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Thanks! :) I'll keep that in mind, but it is a lot of work lol. My setup for using my laptop isn't quite ideal at my desk where my TV is because there's no more free outlets and I would need to get an extension cord.

I'm pretty sure RemoteJoy Lite is a Windows-only application but you're free to look for a Mac version if you want to try it out. Don't expect miracles of course - you're still upscaling the image four or more times, but at least you can apply some filters to it.

EDIT: Nevermind, there's a Mac version available apparently.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9HgJ3SgjpA +1