Gaming PSN FF7 from PS3 to PSP, small screen size

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I downloaded FF7 from the PS3's PSN store so I can play it on there, and last night copied across to my PSP.

I was expecting full screen play from this game as its my best of all time, but instead it is a small screen in the middle. Is there anything I can do to make this game play using the whole of the screen instead?

I also noticed that some of the sound was not as I hear on the PS3, like the battle swipes etc, should it be the proper sounds, or is the sound a limiting factor?

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
Press home and you can edit many settings for the PS1 emulator. One of which is the video size. I can't remember the exact options off the top of my head but there aren't many so you should be able to find it easily./ As for the sound I've never noticed any problems with my own homemade copies.

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the fullscreen setting should make it fullscreen(obviously)

some (PSN) versions of the FF games don't go completely fullscreen in fullscreen mode though, in which case you have to set it to custom and manually fit it to fullscreen(custom setting requires a 6.## pops, which is only available in the newer official firmwares)

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thankyou for everyone, I will try this out when I get home tonight. As a side note, I assume that updating the firmware to the latest version will not stop my attempts if I wish to ever apply custom firmware?

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
depends on your psp.
1000 and older 2000 models can get to cfw from any fw.
3000 and newer 2000 models need to be on 5.03 and can't be downgraded.

dancemb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a 3000 model PSP at the moment, plus an older 2000 model that can be modded and have gone from original firmware to custom firmware several times with it, didnt do much with my new one when back then it was not possible to put anything custom due to crafty Sony changing it all around again

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
If you're on 5.03FW then you stand to lose something. Any higher and all you can use is Half Byte Loader something it doesn't sound like you use anyway so you don't have a lot to lose by updating to 6.30

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?