Ps4 freezing every other jailbreak attempt. Help?

lowkee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I have a ps4 slim on 9.0.

It seems like almost every other attempt to jailbreak ends with it freezing after I insert the USB wait for the notification then I count 2 seconds and press x. The dialog box dissapears and then the console will freeze without loading hen and without any kind of error code or screen.

I bring my ps4 to work and then home so I'm having to jailbreak alot more than most people. I've tried pressing the x button after the notification at different times with varying success but it feels like 2 seconds works the most for me.

I have a 5TB external drive I leave plugged into the left USB port at all times. I also only use kairo218 for my host. I've tried different versions of goldhen and they all seem about the same.

My next plan is to make a new USB stick and then possibly try another host if it keeps happening.

Just curious if anyone else has had a similar experience or has any tips/tricks. I've tried searching and don't see anything similar to my situation, just people that freeze comming out of rest mode.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use PRB's page (via the browser) to load it up, the message shows up, I insert the USB, and it's done.

I had issues like that ages ago, not now.

Don't remember the last time my PS4 crashed from the Rest Mode so it's very stable the newer GoldHEN. :)

Reactions: ZeroT21

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ive been having the same problems lately. All of a sudden its been taking multiple attempts to JB the console. Nothing has changed process wise. Still using PRB/Leefuls excellent host menu with auto usb, same as i have been for ages. But now i seem to be getting multiple kp's before a successful JB.

lowkee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive been having the same problems lately. All of a sudden its been taking multiple attempts to JB the console. Nothing has changed process wise. Still using PRB/Leefuls excellent host menu with auto usb, same as i have been for ages. But now i seem to be getting multiple kp's before a successful JB.
Ok I guess I never really knew exactly what happens during a kernel panic. Wasent sure If a freeze is considered a kernel panic or if it was another error I seen popup saying something about the system software being borked then I end up resetting Incase I'm at higher risk than for a kp.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a kp can be a freeze or a black screen, but it's usually a sudden shut off. remember to backup your addcont.db (dlc database), because it's reset to 0 every kp you get. I don't know if the dlc is still detected or not, but I'd wager a guess that it's not even though it's installed.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
a kp can be a freeze or a black screen, but it's usually a sudden shut off. remember to backup your addcont.db (dlc database), because it's reset to 0 every kp you get. I don't know if the dlc is still detected or not, but I'd wager a guess that it's not even though it's installed.
I don't know if this is true but I believe its still detected as my kids would be moaning if the Beat Sabre dlc had disappeared. As I said before I have had loads of kp's recently :)

I will check later on this

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
check your addcont.db to know for sure. see if any fake pkgs other than a theme that's installed at the time show up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff