PS3 PKG tool ?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry. I was busy. Thats alright. I think JB folders are fine because PS3 emulator can play those folders anyway. Unless, you think PKG is way better ?
Best option is iso. Check folder against its ird to make sure all files but the update pup are present and the right size, then convert to iso with ps3iso tools.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Best option is iso. Check folder against its ird to make sure all files but the update pup are present and the right size, then convert to iso with ps3iso tools.

Thank you. I am aware of IRD files and I did. All are green in IRD. Why iso ? RPCS3 can't read ISO. I tried. Only PKG and folders.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When you install a pkg, it's a folder game on the hdd inside the game folder, so it shouldn't matter package or folder, just need a license for packages.
I thought so. By the way, for God of War Ascension have update v1.04 - v1.12 pkg files. Should I downloading all of them and update them or just update the latest version said v1.12 pkg only ? Some are larger mb size than other. A v1.12 pkg is only 8 mb.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I thought so. By the way, for God of War Ascension have update v1.04 - v1.12 pkg files. Should I downloading all of them and update them or just update the latest version said v1.12 pkg only ? Some are larger mb size than other. A v1.12 pkg is only 8 mb.
it kinda depends on the game, but seeing as though they're different sizes, you probably need to update in order. not sure if there is really a way to know for sure with the ps3. I think the system is directed to an xml that tells it what to download, so if you were updating on psn, it would install everything you needed. it's guess work without it.

Reactions: spotanjo3

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now, I ird it and got 100 percent green clean and some dont. How do I get a tool to edit eboot back to an original clean eboot ?

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For an example. Someone edited it to 3.55 or 3.41 but I want to edit it back to game according to firmware originally. An Original eboot. I found original eboots lists but none have my few games.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For an example. Someone edited it to 3.55 or 3.41 but I want to edit it back to game according to firmware originally. An Original eboot. I found original eboots lists but none have my few games.
That depends on how it was modified. If it was simply resigned, you can use true ancestor. If it was modified in some weird way, there's nothing that you can do.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay I will try it now and report back

Nope, unfortunately. So I find some eboot from USA to Europe of the same game and ird it and seems to be 100 percent green. So I am good.

@godreborn

Do you know the program that can fix the invalid files like orange ? Here:

1.png

Last edited by spotanjo3,
Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no method to change the orange. it means the checksum is not correct. you'll have to redownload the game, from a reliable source. I know you're on ps3repack, which is the ultimate shit site. I wouldn't go there.

spotanjo3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there's no method to change the orange. it means the checksum is not correct. you'll have to redownload the game, from a reliable source. I know you're on ps3repack, which is the ultimate shit site. I wouldn't go there.

No I dont downad those from that site. I got from somewhwere else differently according to checksum so I guess those was bad dump. Are those playable anyway?

Last edited by spotanjo3,

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unless everything is green minus the update, there's no telling how the game will fair. I would download another copy if possible.

as for repack, I hate ebootlegger joe/fugazi and fig!. they do nothing but manipulate the scene. I mean if you can't inject a license, you have no business hacking a console.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: