Hardware Pros and Cons of the new Nintendo Switch?

Are you getting the switch?

• Total voters

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
Just wondering what you guys think, what are the pros and cons?
Don't know. Most of these are probably just my general concerns and unsanswered questions.
1) battery life
2) protective covers for such a 'configurable' portable unit will be an intersting challenge to make without driving you crazy removing and applying covers
3) fatter than typical portable / probably heavier too
4) anything having vents like the Switch gives me cause for concern. It's not a typical portable and needs to expel a lot of heat.
5) the kickstand doesn't seem to angle low enough in the video shown so far. I hope I'm wrong. I hope it's durable too.
6) sweat & crud getting into the grooves of the controllers in sweaty gaming sessions sound like a problem
7) battery in conrollers & main unit. Easily removable or not? I hope so.
8) generally the compromises that are made when trying to be both home unit & portable unit. I think it's quite hard to pull this off without fairly significant compromises. Credit to Nintendo if they have.
9) long-term durability of laptops that are heat monsters are low. I fear the same here.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_developed_by_Rare Not all of them are awesome...