Problem with EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition

gbaFiend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all,
I recently bought an EZ Flash Omega Definitive Edition and Im having these issues:

1. Any time Mode B is switched on, the gameboy wont go past its bootup animation.
2. GB and GBC roms are not showing up in the file browser no matter what I do. In fact, if there is a single gbc rom in a folder, that entire folder will disappear from the EZ Flash file system.

I have tried lots of things to resolve this, with no luck. I tried reformatting my SD card many times. My current attempt is a 32GB micro sd card with 32 kb unit size as the manual requires, but it has the same issue. I have also tried many different firmware revisions and they all have the same issue. Could it be a hardware problem?

Thanks in advance

gbaFiend

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally solved this! The problem also became "none of my folders are working on the EZ Flash Omega, but all roms work in the base folder".

I dont actually know what the underlying issue was, but changing the "attributes" such as "read only" and "archiving" in windows, as suggested by the staff, made everything worse--and may have even caused the problem--at least how I was doing it. Any folder/file I did that attributes stuff to, caused permanent folder-hiding problems until I formatted the card.

What worked for me was quick-formatting my sd card in the format suggest by the manual, and re-downloading all of my no intro roms from scratch from the internet, so that none of the permissions were messed up. I dont know any other way to fix the permissions once theyre broken unfortunately, so that warrants more investigation, I guess. Then finally, make sure you break your roms up into folders, such as A-Z, so that there are no folders containing more than 512 roms.

EZ Flash devs: please consider fixing or investigating this issue. There are several other threads with similar problems. It should be easy to reproduce, by changing the above attributes on a rom in Windows 10, and seeing the folder that rom is in disappear.

Reactions: SBRVX and Reshiban

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto