Suggestion Private RSS Feeds

VitaType

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi,

a few websites, the most promintent example probably is reddit, have something called private RSS feed. The idea is that if activated by a user for these user a URI get generated to a own RSS feed.
To make these feeds more secure (RSS don't supports passwords and also things like htaccess are a pain with common RSS readers) by activating the feed a URI gets randomly generated and when the password is changed or the feed deactivated and then again activated it will generate a new Feed URI.
I really would like to have such a feature for my notifications in these forums here. I know there is one for the whole board, but that really is abit to unspecific to be useful with such a active and large board.
If such a addon dosn't exists I really would like to see at least RSS feeds per (sub)forum instead of just one all in one feed. I have no interest e.g. in PS3, PS4 and XBox360 which makes the feed useless for me and I doub there're that many members that use every single part of these forums.

Greetings,
VitaType

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
You can do just that, unless I misunderstand your request:

upload_2018-5-3_22-38-7.png

VitaType

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
He. How could I not see that... :blush: Thanks for the reply.
I still would like to uphold my suggestion for private RSS feeds since it would be really nice to also have e.g. mentionings of my name or quotes of my posts within the feed reader, but until I get a answer to that I will begin to use this more specific feeds and edit my notification settings. Thx :)

Last edited by VitaType,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay