Pokémon - The Battle Between Legitimacy and Legality

Should legal Pokémon (created artificially) be allowed in the games?

• Yes

Votes: 106 54.9%
  • No

Votes: 87 45.1%

• Total voters

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
And how is even possible for Nintendo to see if it's legit or RNG abused?

In general or what they have been seen to have tried? For the most part yeah they do seem to have aimed mostly at the impossible to make during normal game monsters for obvious reasons.

After that it gets into all sorts of weird fuzzy security like has your game only got a few hours on the clock but your pokemon would theoretically have taken a lot longer to make*. Nintendo and Gamefreak do not seem to get this whole computer/data security bit though, even if their efforts have been some of the best seen in a lot of handhelds as far as games go, so they have not really gone much further beyond that. Have a look at some of the database security and concepts like heuristics in anti virus programs.

*but I gave them to a friend to raise being the obvious counter there.

Reactions: gamefan5

purpasmart96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In general or what they have been seen to have tried? For the most part yeah they do seem to have aimed mostly at the impossible to make during normal game monsters for obvious reasons.

After that it gets into all sorts of weird fuzzy security like has your game only got a few hours on the clock but your pokemon would theoretically have taken a lot longer to make*. Nintendo and Gamefreak do not seem to get this whole computer/data security bit though, even if their efforts have been some of the best seen in a lot of handhelds as far as games go, so they have not really gone much further beyond that. Have a look at some of the database security and concepts like heuristics in anti virus programs.

Both

lordofthereef

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At a certain skill level, the battle aspect really is the least significant part. Optimal moves for every situation can be determined mathematically (and players know them by heart), and providing both players play a perfect game (and it's not a long shot at this level) the most important thing affecting the outcome of a battle are the Pokemons' stats, i.e. the amount of grinding the player had put into training/raising the team. At a certain point the grinding is the most important aspect of the game, and if someone skips it with a simple hack, it's natural that the other player would be pissed.

In bold, I think, is what so many people miss. Everyone seems to think "omgwtfbbqqqqqqqqq that guy hax and that's why I can;t win!!! I will never cheat by generating monsters!!!"

In reality: You sir, are a scrub, that doesn't have what it takes (the knowledge and time invested to gain the knowledge) to play competitive pokemon. the fact of the matter is, people with GOOD genned mons aren;t spending their time doing "random battles" with the kiddies online. If you are losing, it's because you suck. Not because someone cheated (assuming they aren;t using illegal skillets).

Note: "you" is not meant to imply any one person here, I am using the good old "universal you".

Again, my main gripe here is the behavior and not exactly the mechanics involved, which is why I keep bringing up seemingly unrelated analogies -- I took away the complexities of the game mechanics so I can highlight the behavior behind it.

Respectfully, that doesn't make it any more viable to use a random analogy that doesn't work. Why don't you try to just not use analogies at all? Because there really isn't an analogy that works... There is a group of people that decided there is no way in hell they will gen a monster and therefore are angry that people are "cheating" by genning monsters. There is a whole other group that says "legitimately bred monsters are nothing but a test of patience and tedium. No thanks". At the end of the day, if you know what you are doing on the battlefield, you will still beat the guy with genned monsters that doesn't. So what's the problem here, really? The fact that the guy on the other end of the internet didn't put in the same time as you to acquire his pixels?

I am not even sure why you, and others, are even looking for a viable analogy here. To give credence to your claims?

Just a curveball here, do you folks also have issues with people powerlevling their monsters using the day care center and rubber band trick? I mean, yeah they got them from 1-100 quick, but they didn't spend a moment of their time doing it.

Or that I started a new game save...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    straferz @ straferz: Anybody know why this is happening to my ACWW town...