PlayStation details new information and features for the PSVR2 headset

,mdlsadf.png

Sony is eager to tease some new information about its upcoming PlayStation VR2 headset. New to the VR2 is the ability to use the headset's outer cameras to see what's going on in your room without having to take the VR2 off, a useful feature that'll let players locate their controllers a bit easier. Those cameras will also allow you to map your play area, by scanning your room to make a safe boundary, with an included warning sound if you go outside of it while playing. Another inclusion is 360-view game content, with a 4000x2040 resolution, as well as a cinematic mode, meant for watching media at 1080p at 24hz on a virtual screen.

:arrow: Source

m00k00

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hating that, but how would the ps4 send the display if it didn't have the box to take the ps4 output to the box input, then send to the vr headset.

As long as you have plenty of cable, nothing can beat a direct connection for best results.

Wires are not a problem when I play vr, mainly because I am sat down anyway.

My ISP are a set of phoney cunts that claim to provide fibre speed of 400mbps, yet the crap router they provide when installing cant cope as soon as someone tries downloading.

And everyone in my house are constantly online, either streaming, gaming, if I was to try remotely stream vr, my ISP would struggle and probably buffer or display at a crap resolution.

So I'd rather cut that crap out and have a wire direct to the console to transmit the display to the vr headset.
No clue whether you know about this, but there's a thing called (Quality of Service) in many Routers which sometimes help you utilizing your connection by (semi-)automatically prioritizing your Connections depending on their nature (e.g. VoIP and Gaming via UDP first - Downloads via HTTP, FTP, BT last). Apart from this Bufferbloat (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bufferbloat) is often the Problem ... especially on WAN connections - this you would usually combat using Traffic Shaping / Limiting - you trade in a few percent of your Connection Speed for a better Responsiveness. Ever since I learnt about those things my Internet Connection has been so much better. Hope this helps!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, them use your hands
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Those are tired from last night
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop touching yourself
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wasn't
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, then stop doing whatever you were doing last night
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Uremum
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    -insert uremum joke here-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Too late
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I seen a bunny rabbit get swept up and taken by a hawk yesterday in my back yard, it left a bunch of rabbit hair in grass. Wild to see it fly off carrying a rabbit.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, was Luke that Bunny rabbit?
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh it was a small rabbit without lipstick, or no UFO propaganda
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was Leo the hawk
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't see any kissing and loving, so prob not
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    True hawks have more pride
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [awaits K3Nv2's remarks for me] :unsure:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @AncientBoi, would be a better lover to luke he knows how to get in personal space better
    [sips my ☕ ]
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The other night was watching tv in my screened in porch, and heard something walking on my porch roof, thought maybe it was a raccoon, so I grabbed my rifle and went out to look, it was just a duck, lol
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Shoot the duck free meal
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Not allowed here in Ohio without Duck hunting permit, n it not in season yet.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just say it was trespassing and you thought it was ancientboi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We can shoot racoon, possums, skunks, cayottes tho
    +1
    I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil:
    +1
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I can shoot guys :shy::blush::evil: +1