Patching/Converting ISO to WBFS

derekfcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm trying to PalMod Guilty Gear and I was able to convert my WBFS to a standard ISO 9660 format using WBFStoISO. I tried using the "Wii Game" format but when I tried to open the iso file, it kept saying "corrupted". With the ISO 9660 format, I was able to make the necessary changes to the game but now I need to convert back to a WBFS file. ISOtoWBFS needs to start with that "Wii Game" iso format so when you try and use the ISO 9660 format, it doesnt work.

Any ideas on how I can go about editing this game? I'd like to be able to patch it back to a WBFS. I read through some of the WiiMM notes but it went a little over my head.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to convert a wbfs to its original iso image state? WiiBackupManager can do that conversion iirc. Not sure about the ISO 9660 value though.. But after converting it, verify its hash in WiiBackupManager, it'll tell if it's corrupt.

derekfcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You want to convert a wbfs to its original iso image state? WiiBackupManager can do that conversion iirc. Not sure about the ISO 9660 value though.. But after converting it, verify its hash in WiiBackupManager, it'll tell if it's corrupt.
I need to go WBFS->Something Editable (right now, the only thing I know how to access is the ISO 9660 file type)->WBFS.

WiiBackup makes ISO files that are considered a ‘Wii game iso’. They’re 4.7 gigs in file size and if you try to open them in windows, you get an error message.

I think the post above will work. Seems easy enough to follow so I’ll give that a shot.

derekfcc

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This was perfect. I used WiiBackUpManager to convert the WBFS to a Wii .iso file. From there, I used WiiMM as explained in the link and was able to extract all of the game files to a DUMP folder. From there, you can use PalMod to edit the game and patch. WiiMM is able to recompile the files from the DUMP folder back into a patched Wii .iso file and WiiBackUpManager can convert that back to WBFS. it's a big circle.

Reactions: XFlak and CoolMe

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch