Hacking Out of nowhere, all input is stuttering...

WallsOfJonathan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i read up all I could and successfully soft modded my wii. All was well and all games were playing great until last night. This morning all inputs are jittering and unusable, almost like an electrical short. This is happening on all controllers, the wiimote, nunchuk, classic as well as GameCube controllers. The cursor will also shake and jitter all over the screen and then even dissapear sporadically. I didnt change any settings from last night until today, but I did add mario kart wii last night to the system. Im at a loss and can't seem to find any instances of this happening for anyone else. All games still boot, and everything seems fine until until you try to use a controller. Has anyone had a problem like this before? My next step would probably be a bootmii restore unless anyone has any ideas on this? Thanks in advance to anyone with any ideas.

WallsOfJonathan

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had thoughts of the sensor bar too, and had tried that as well, but the GameCube controller while playing GameCube games in nintendont were also giving me the same problem. I think I have it figured out now though, it seems to be the nunchuk. The nunchuk must have a short somewhere as when I have it plugged in and launch a game, I get the staggering input problem, no matter the controller, but if I have it unplugged, or use a different one (only had one and had to borrow a neighbors to test) it seems to be back to running normally. I didn't think this could be the problem due to the GameCube controller also staggering, but I'm guessing shorted input in general causes all controllers to be affected. Thanks to anyone who read and hopefully if anyone also experiences this problem my experience can help them diagnose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: So salty