NXUpdateTracker

NXUpdateTracker

icon.jpg

A local HTML page that helps you track the version numbers of [Switch] homebrew applications​
  • Github repository link here
  • Guide and Documentation here
  • Demo Version here - Try it! (Since it's a demo, it's heavily limited, but it's good to have)

Features

- Lists the latest version number of the supported homebrews
- Loads the currently installed version number from a JSON file hosted on Github, like this
- Compares the installed and the latest version numbers, with the possibility to only list the outdated apps that have an update available
- Updates the installed version numbers modifying the JSON directly from the app
- Hide/Show the homebrews you prefer
- Lists some important files needed by the apps to work properly
- Accessible everywhere: .nro version for the switch, standalone .html version for every browser
- Customizable: you can modify the html to include other apps/assets/links
- Does NOT install the updates itself, nor it downloads them

Screenshots

App screenshot
Screen-Aggiornamento.jpg

Credits

I would like to thank these people who gave me the possibility to bring this project to you:
  • switchbrew for libnx
  • BernardoGiordano for nx-spa, the project I partially used as a reference for mine. I used his approach to open a web server with Mongoose and I used some of his files for some parts of the process
  • F-l-a (me) for the html and javascript (and some c++) parts. I learned a lot doing this (and spending half the time on some stupid things because I couldn't get it to work. But that's what the game is about, right?)

Last edited by F-l-a,

JonJaded

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ran into this, I just wanted to say this is genius. I've just been using github to keep track of new stuff but this will help A TON. Thanks!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto