nVidia Shield or some other Android?

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some controllers may not work directly. I tried connecting a ps3 controller to shield portable and it wouldnt work and I did have the correct cable and adapter for it. Ps3 needs to have a direct connection before you can sync. Wii remotes and other BT controllers will probably have better luck since they sync like all other BT devices

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
some controllers may not work directly. I tried connecting a ps3 controller to shield portable and it wouldnt work and I did have the correct cable and adapter for it. Ps3 needs to have a direction connection before you can sync. Wii remotes and other BT controllers will probably have better luck since they sync like all other BT devices

Yeah, there are apps for Wii remotes on Google Play or the Shield Controller, a bit pricey, but that might work just fine. I wonder if Best Buy has them on display to test them out or something. Either way, I'm gonna avoid touch controls at all touch :P

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Price close to the Shield Tablet or Portable? I haven't seen any less than 299 on any sites for some reason.... :P Do you have any links that sell them for $200?
Must have raise the price back up since it is a old tablet and they want Galaxy S to sell. Anyway, you still may have some luck if you order online at Bestbuy.

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Must have raise the price back up since it is a old tablet and they want Galaxy S to sell. Anyway, you still may have some luck if you order online at Bestbuy.

I actually saw it on their site just now, http://tinyurl.com/klnjs2l not too shabby, and has very good hardware from the looks of it, but yeah, out of print, I'll be lucky to find them in new condition. I try to avoid used at all possible costs, bad experiences and all, heh. The new Samsung tablets are way too pricey for me.

garbanzox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Should I be particularly worried about when playing Snes games? I also believe you can use a BT controller with it when hooked up via HDMI, I think... Don't really plan on Android games themselves as I'm not a big fan, but glad to know even PSP runs very well on it.

Sorry, I meant that the Shield runs emulators better than my PSP did, not that PSP games run well on the Shield. They do run, and you can get some decent FPS if you mess with the settings a lot, but you're better off streaming from your PC.

Yes you can use a bluetooth controller with it and hook it up to your tv, but if you're doing that, you might as well just play on your PC and have that extra power.

Not sure what you mean about being worried when playing SNES games - were you referring to my comments about the controller? I did get frustrated trying to play a top-down shooter because the d-pad kept registering extra presses and sending me right into bad guys. But for stuff like platformers, fighters, etc - no problem at all.

One guy modded the d-pad to reduce errors, but it looks like a lot of work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2417495

the_randomizer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, I meant that the Shield runs emulators better than my PSP did, not that PSP games run well on the Shield. They do run, and you can get some decent FPS if you mess with the settings a lot, but you're better off streaming from your PC.

Yes you can use a bluetooth controller with it and hook it up to your tv, but if you're doing that, you might as well just play on your PC and have that extra power.

Not sure what you mean about being worried when playing SNES games - were you referring to my comments about the controller? I did get frustrated trying to play a top-down shooter because the d-pad kept registering extra presses and sending me right into bad guys. But for stuff like platformers, fighters, etc - no problem at all.

One guy modded the d-pad to reduce errors, but it looks like a lot of work...
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2417495

I know PPSSPP is getting more and more stable/faster for its Android port, so for the Shield, PSP will only get better from here on out :P I hope that I really can get a hold of Shield and get used to it, maybe I can go to Best Buy and try it out, heh. I knew what you meant, I just worded it wrong, most other devices do a much better job than a PSP can for homebrew anyways.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol