Hacking Nintendont for Wii games?

j29736

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I and others understand, Nintendont is operated in Wii/vWii mode rather than in GameCube mode. Nintendont obviously is a homebrew application with USB access which allows for access to the GameCube Controller Adapter. From our understanding, Nintendont runs code telling the game to look for HID devices. That being said, is there any possible way that I could create a Nintendont loader which runs Wii games instead of GameCube games for the sole purpose of using the GameCube controller?

wolf_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I and others understand, Nintendont is operated in Wii/vWii mode rather than in GameCube mode. Nintendont obviously is a homebrew application with USB access which allows for access to the GameCube Controller Adapter. From our understanding, Nintendont runs code telling the game to look for HID devices. That being said, is there any possible way that I could create a Nintendont loader which runs Wii games instead of GameCube games for the sole purpose of using the GameCube controller?
Only that would ever be possible is a complete rewrite of nintendont and if the Wii game supported cc then GC controller should work but nintendont is for GC games
Trying to make nintendont run wii games is redundant as you have wiiflow or usb or cfg loader

Last edited by wolf_,

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The real question is if USB loaders could patch Wii games in a way where the GC controller is simulated as a Classic Controller. Which might be possible.
this what you want is grab usbloader gx,wiiflow or cfg and add a hid controller patch but that is easier said than done since wii doesnt have a processor on the back while running games so you would probably need some very complex hack or cios for that while nintendont runs on the back while running the gc games since we have some free memory, wii games give no free memory.

Last edited by pedro702,

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with the current state of homebrew the most you would do is just play games that have pro controller support with a gc pad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Here's one thats even better. https://youtu.be/Wx5HOQuP7Xk