Gaming New Zelda WiiU Gameplay from The Game Awards 2014

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Because Twilight Princess on Wii wasn't horizontally flipped to make a pseudo right-handed Link, Skyward Sword had perfect controls that worked all the time...

1. So?
2. Keep whining about SS's controls all you want. Those who looked past the occasionally problematic controls that you could always quickly and easily recalibrate just by holding the remote steady for two seconds had a hell of a fun time.

there are no similarities your seeing faces in clouds

I must have been seeing faces in the clouds when I realized the Skyward Sword theme was Zelda's Lullaby backwards as well.

They're clearly bodies of water on that Zelda U map. If you say that their placement isn't the slightest bit similar to the bodies of water in the Zelda 1 map you're color blind or for some reason you just don't want to deal with the fact that it's a similar looking shape. The details even follow the streams of water that go from the top of the map to the bottom, and with the ocean shoreline just at the edge of the bottom right corner it's either a massive coincidence or just an easter egg. Again, I'm not asserting that the Zelda U is a remake of Zelda 1, or that it's even the same map. It's just an observation that one particular portion of the map casts a resemblance to another game. It's not the end of the world.
And why are you being so objective over this, anyway? Under what circumstances would the discussion of the layout of a map in a video game affect you so personally to abruptly argue against an observation when you have no valid argument to express your opinion?

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
1. So?
2. Keep whining about SS's controls all you want. Those who looked past the occasionally problematic controls that you could always quickly and easily recalibrate just by holding the remote steady for two seconds had a hell of a fun time.

So a game is not broken if suddenly East becomes West and West becomes East, because Nintendo rushed a game for a new platform and didn't think how to better implement controls for the Wii? Take that however you want, to me it sounds they messed up. Especially since the waggle physics were very difficult to use properly.

I also rarely had trouble with SS's controls, though when I had it killed all the fun. I'm still just not able to perform forward stabs perfectly in a row. I just can't. I've given up on that, maybe I'm just a bad player, maybe I don't know how to hold a Wiimote, but if a simple forward stab makes it almost impossible for me to take down Moldarach, I'm blaming the game.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So a game is not broken if suddenly East becomes West and West becomes East, because Nintendo rushed a game for a new platform and didn't think how to better implement controls for the Wii?

Lazy? Yes. Broken? Not at all. It's still just as playable a game as the GameCube version. Motion controls were a bit weird but it never required as much precision as SS. You could get through the game just fine by hacking and slashing in random directions.

WRONG they have done it twice. SS imo is the worst zelda they messed up big! and it has nothing to do with the controls (not entirely.) and lets not even talk about adventures of link how messed up that was...

Care to explain what made it such a horrible experience?

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Care to explain what made it such a horrible experience?
oh god where to start

1. repeated text telling me how much a fucking rupee is worth every single game.
2. motion controls for throwing bombs that didn't work half the time.
3. motion controls for falling that didn't work half the time.
4. motion controls for swimming NOT NEEDED.
5. terrible boss fights namely the imprisoned.
6. the sealed grounds.
7. gimmicky mini games put into the story example the water dragon quest...
8. hardly NO exploration
9. hardly no side quests that weren't part of the fucking story.
10. the thing in the sword can't remember it's name worse than navi. tells you to go here and what to do when it just plainly was fucking obvious where i had to go!

i played through this once than i deleted it never to play it again!

Reactions: Guild McCommunist

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Despite subjective taste, Nintendo never "mess up" a Zelda. Mess up make it seems like they put out a totally broken game or something. I don't even find that "Nintendo tends to showoff their games these days when they're fairly close to what we can expect" true. They still have a whole year and only shown a piece of the map.

I understand wanting to see more of and things in the world, but the rest seems like unfair criticism.

Not a whole lot of people put a "totally broken" game out either. If your best statement is "Nintendo makes games that are functional," then you should reevaluate your statement.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Leaving this here too:

c8b704b9a3.jpg

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Not farfetched, though. If it's a coincidence, then awesome. But we all know Nintendo never makes things a coincidence. :) Always a meaning behind every pixel.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
you think that map is big now...you ain't seen nothing yet!
Shigeru Miyamoto says that the world of The Legend of Zelda on Wii U will be larger than any previous game. But just how big? Apparently the entire map of the size of Twilight Princess will only encompass one area in the upcoming Wii U title.
:wtf:

source.

after watching the youtube vid it sound like it's going to be filled with a shitload of side quests and the map won't be as empty as we thought!

hype level
over9000yh0.jpg

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I Think Miyamoto said the forest temple would be the size of hyrule field in oot

That rumor's been around a while. I'm not sure if I want it to be true. If I get to a dungeon I want to get through it in one sitting. If it's too long, 1.) I'll get bored, 2.) I'll stop halfway through and lose my place when I start the game up next time, and 3.) The Puzzles revolving around the new item you find will get tired and repetitive fast.

I'm OK with there being more dungeons, though. Like, 15-20 dungeons of the regular Zelda length would be great. But the regular 6 or 7 dungeons, only gigantic, overly long and excessively repetitive wouldn't.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Afraid I am going to be in the "I will believe it when I see it" camp for this one, not least of all because I have heard it from companies with histories in games list this.

Also I hope it is not one of those Zelda sticks that breaks when I am just getting into a groove.

shinkodachi

On permanent leave
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Also I hope it is not one of those Zelda sticks that breaks when I am just getting into a groove.

Should've upgraded to a Boko Stick from that cheap Deku Stick you have there... :)

What I'm personally concerned about is this:
"There may even be times where you forget what your goal is because you're doing other things on the side," Miyamoto explained in an interview with YouTube's iJustine.
The reason I sold Wind Waker HD was because I couldn't get myself to finish it. I always got halfway through the game and just lost track of what I was doing as I went for that 100% completion rate. Not that it was a difficult game, but it got boring very quickly and without a guide is very hard to complete (e.g. knowing when to use the Picto Box for the Nintendo Gallery).

So I'll have to see what the game is like for myself. Lots of side quests can be a good thing, but it may also make the game tedious to play. :(

aofelix

Trophies
XP
Country
i love wind waker HD.

not a fan of side quests though.. would rather they enrich the game.

the game which did the best side quests in recent time was bravely default.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'd rather spend like $150 more for a surround receiver.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I bought the game at launch never fucked with it until recently
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its fun, I like it, even tho I'm not a big harry potter fan. Like a wizard rpg. Flying around on a broomstick is cool.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Flying sucks ass on it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh just takes a min to get used to. I think you can upgrade or buy new broomstick also that are better.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I weirdly like inverted controls on all flying type games
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Prob can change it, inverted flying controls.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only thing that annoys me is trying to find wtf to do in it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Alright off to the store, later gators.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Some places amaze me were not in network with your insurance would you still like an appointment
    +1
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    uhhh, I think I'll just stick with my PSP 3001
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    lol, Now I gotta go to the store for more Coffee Mate n other stuff.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i downloaded final fantasy vii into my tv stick
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean, the game was already there but its the japanese version
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    and i only downloaded disc 1 so far bc of storage stuff
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    @BigOnYa, yeah the patty on McDs burger is 1/10th of a pound now and I think that's the pre cooked weight lol
    I use the app for the 20% off coupon and it's still over priced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, why is mcdonalds overpriced if their food is bad?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i mean why is mcdonalds food overpriced
    Inflation and greed
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's just fries, make 'em at home
    +2
    I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I make potato wedges at home with spices and stuff lol