Hardware [Need Help] PSP 3000, stuck in recovery mode

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So I was in the middle of playing a Picodrive on my psp 3006 (Snatchers) when I tried to move the analog stick (to bring up my Picodrive options menu on my emulator to save state where I was at when the PSP suddenly froze on itself. I simply turned off my PSP and turned it back on when it suddenly went in to Recovery Menu. I tried to navigate around the menu and each time I move up with the Dpad to select any options it immediately moves my options arrow to the bottom of the screen. Eventually I discovered something strange. If I ever hold down the right or left trigger on the Dpad it will keep my arrow in place but I do not know how to select any of the options in the recovery menu. I tried pushing every button under the sun in any combination but absolutely nothing works -_-; I have 6.61 PRO Infinity and my motherboard is TA-095v2. Does anyone know how to fix this? I see these options on the recovery menu if this helps at all.

PRO Recovery Menu
Main Menu

Back

Toggle USB
Run /PSP GAME/RECOVERY/EBOOT.PBP
Configuration ->
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Shutdown device
Suspend device
Reset device
(currently the pointer always pointed to here) Reset VSH

I goes to repair shop, and he said my PSP no problem

Can anyone please help me? Please any solutions at all

Last edited by bloodfalco,

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Currently I am removing my battery from my PSP. I need a solution friends

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry, if I sound like a moron, as I am newbie.

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Anyone can help? Or I am posting a stupid question? Noob is asking and currently panicking as his PSP is not functioning

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's actually not stupid, but rather a very odd issue. Assuming the repair shop is correct about the PSP not having a hardware issue, it would seem to be either the memory stick or flash1 somehow corrupted itself. Can you not access the XMB at all?

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Brother insidexdeath, I cannot bro. The moment it goes to recovery mode, I cannot do anything at all, I press X and O, nothing responding. The only thing responding is Dpad and that is it.
I also try to boot by holding L trigger, but no display at all. Also when I am trying to reset by pressing square, triangle, start, select, nothing responding and it quickly goes to recovery menu

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Brother insidexdeath, I cannot bro. The moment it goes to recovery mode, I cannot do anything at all, I press X and O, nothing responding. The only thing responding is Dpad and that is it.
I also try to boot by holding L trigger, but no display at all. Also when I am trying to reset by pressing square, triangle, start, select, nothing responding and it quickly goes to recovery menu
Ok this may be stupid, but try switching your PSP on without the memory stick, and see if anything is responding.

I would also try the Square, Triangle, Start, and Select combination without the memory stick, and see if that solves anything.

Last edited by insidexdeath,
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Tried it just now, bro. It still goes to recovery mode. I tried this solution from pspmod http://www.pspmod.com/forums/psp-di...overy-menu-buttons-wont-work-either-help.html

It doesn't work either
Unfortunately I have nothing useful to add. I guess you could remove the battery and leave it for a week, the PSP will restore itself to factory settings when you recharge it.

I would also check if the R button is internally being pressed as it is quite close to the dpad board, and that may be the reason why it keeps going down, and booting into recovery menu automatically. I advise you to check a different hardware store, maybe the previous one is mistaken. Have him/her also try to boot the PSP when it's opened up. Good luck.

Last edited by insidexdeath,

bloodfalco

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Hi Everyone. Sorry for making such a scene on Saturday. My PSP is fixed now. The diagnosis is the same as brother insidexdeath diagnosed, which is R trigger kept pressed. I go to an expert shop and got it changed and now everything is normal again.

Problem solved. Hi, to administrator or moderator. Kindly lock this help asking thread. Thank you for brother insidexdeath for the help and CatmanFan for responding to this thread.

keleduardo01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I was in the middle of playing a Picodrive on my psp 3006 (Snatchers) when I tried to move the analog stick (to bring up my Picodrive options menu on my emulator to save state where I was at when the PSP suddenly froze on itself. I simply turned off my PSP and turned it back on when it suddenly went in to Recovery Menu. I tried to navigate around the menu and each time I move up with the Dpad to select any options it immediately moves my options arrow to the bottom of the screen. Eventually I discovered something strange. If I ever hold down the right or left trigger on the Dpad it will keep my arrow in place but I do not know how to select any of the options in the recovery menu. I tried pushing every button under the sun in any combination but absolutely nothing works -_-; I have 6.61 PRO Infinity and my motherboard is TA-095v2. Does anyone know how to fix this? I see these options on the recovery menu if this helps at all.

PRO Recovery Menu
Main Menu

Back

Toggle USB
Configuration ->
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Shutdown device
Suspend device
Reset device

Post automatically merged:

PRO Recovery Menu
Main Menu

Back

Toggle USB
Configuration ->
Advanced ->
CPU Speed ->
Plugins ->
Registry hacks ->
Shutdown device
Suspend device
Reset device

Man i have the same issue as of today. But i figure it out. You just need to replace your right flex ribbon. Because the flex ribbon thats on the right shoulder button is faulty. It's putting input non stop. You can bypass the promod boot by just pressing all of the button and analog simultaneously like a mad man. Then if you success booting it up, go to settings and go to system setting then nickname. You can see how abnormal the input of a faulty flex ribbon. Then try to replace it. Sorry for my english I'm not a navite speaker. I just tried to share what i found for this tread.

Last edited by keleduardo01,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: or fucking Clu Clu Land for that matter