Hacking Need Help! HackMii Installer Failing

Elecktr1ck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I'll start by explaining where I'm currently at with my issue and then I'll give the log data which will hopefully allow someone who knows what they're talking about to help me.

Wii System Menu Version: 3.3U
Exploit used: Twilight Hack (Using the TwilightHack0 save slot as appropriate for my version of Zelda)

HackMii Installer v1.2

So I can execute the installer using the exploit just fine--that's not the issue. The problem comes after the installer begins. I can see the "console output" saying boot.elf has been found, etc, etc. Then a "scam screen" message loads which gives a message saying that if you paid for the software you've been scammed. It freezes here and no controls are responsive (I use a WiiMote) I have to hold down the power button on my Wii to turn it off. I have tried pressing the Power, Reset, and Eject buttons as I have seen suggested on other sites/forums but this did nothing.

This is my first attempt to hack my Wii so there are no "mod packs" or anything like that which I've read about in other forums.

Here is my installer.log file from my SD card after attempting the install:

HackMii v1.2 installer starting up
PVR = 00087102
running under IOS 9 rev 0x208
57 titles are installed
Found IOS 51: revision: 0x1219
Found IOS 36: revision: 0xc12
Found IOS 28: revision: 0x50c
Found IOS 22: revision: 0x309
Found IOS 14: revision: 0x106
Found IOS 10: revision: 0x300
Found IOS 37: revision: 0x816
Found IOS 34: revision: 0xc0f
Found IOS 35: revision: 0xc10
Found IOS 33: revision: 0xb10
Found IOS 31: revision: 0xa10
Found IOS 30: revision: 0xa10
Found IOS 21: revision: 0x20a
Found IOS 17: revision: 0x205
Found IOS 15: revision: 0x109
Found IOS 20: revision: 0x100
Found IOS 13: revision: 0xf
Found IOS 12: revision: 0xb
Found IOS 11: revision: 0x100
Found IOS 9: revision: 0x208
Found IOS 2: revision: 0x161
Found IOS 4: revision: 0xff00
launching IOS 37 for the installer...

IOS launched...

IOS versions: Installer: 37, HBC: 0
starting preparations

Any ideas??

Elecktr1ck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use ModMii.

Just tried it.. it doesn't change anything I've already done so far other than use a different exploit method which, as I already indicated, wasn't the issue. The problem is with the HackMii Installer or BootMii where I'm still freezing at the "scam screen," unable to get past it until I power off my Wii.

Any other ideas?

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your Wii newer than 2008? Just checking.

Try taking BootMii off your SD card and see if the Homebrew Channel will load. Or try Letterbomb to rehack your Wii. And take the HackMii installer off your card since it's not letting you access your Wii.

Elecktr1ck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is your Wii newer than 2008? Just checking.

Try taking BootMii off your SD card and see if the Homebrew Channel will load. Or try Letterbomb to rehack your Wii. And take the HackMii installer off your card since it's not letting you access your Wii.

I got my Wii at the midnight release so it's as old as they come. Homebrew Channel does not exist yet because the install was never able to complete since it freezes at the scam page. Letterbomb requires version 4.3 and mine is 3.3. Are you saying I should update my firmware? Isn't that dangerous at this point since I've already begun the process of hacking it? I feel like HackMii should be working for me and there must just be something I'm missing...

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, you should update it. Take your SD card out and then update it, otherwise something bad will happen. That's probably why HackMii wasn't working; your Wii is old... with an old firmware...

Elecktr1ck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay. If I update through the Wii though won't it upgrade me to a version that's no longer compatible with HackMii? Is there another method of updating the firmware safely?

calmwaters

Cat's best friend
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Homebrew Channel is compatible with all versions, up to 4.3. It's perfectly safe. But if you don't remove your SD card before updating your Wii, then you might corrupt the data that's on the card. And then, you can use ModMii to rehack your Wii. You can use HackMii, but I strongly recommend using ModMii.

Elecktr1ck

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I ran the ModMii wizard it generated a guide which instructed me to use HackMii as one of the steps, so I have been under the impression that ModMii uses HackMii as part of the process. I would love to avoid using HackMii as it has been giving me so much trouble...can you point me in the right direction? I was hoping ModMii would provide me with another way but it seems to be using HackMii still. Thanks for all of your help btw!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: