Hacking n3DS 11.5-38 a9lh/Luma7.0.5 to 11.6 b9s/Luma8.x

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello, I am about to operate the above change following the https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html webpage. I wanted to be sur ebeforehand that it was safe and possible on a 11.5 a9lh console?

Also, is there some "better" or (to be more precise) trendier thing out there now?

Thanks to everyone, I forgot to say that everything was taken care of after the first answer. ^^"

Last edited by AyanamiRei, , Reason: Closed.

Kubas_inko

"Something funny goes here."
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Hello, I am about to operate the above change following the https://3ds.guide/a9lh-to-b9s.html webpage. I wanted to be sur ebeforehand that it was safe and possible on a 11.5 a9lh console?

Also, is there some "better" or (to be more precise) trendier thing out there now?
It's possible on any FW. And no, nothin "new" now.

Reactions: AyanamiRei

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I just noticed that the friends list was blocked again by Nintendo in order to promote its last firmware. Wasn't this measure prevented in some way by luma 3DS before ?

@Quantumcat Thank you for your clarification.

Last edited by AyanamiRei,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Kazuma77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

It's very possible and very safe.

Well, there's my InScripted AIO (iso site, CFW Discussion section). It has everything all in one download, and it does have an "A9LH to Sighax" installer. You can just copy the B9S Configuration over that matches your hardware (or not, it works standalone, it's just better with the configuration, IMHO), copy the installer over, and place the card in your device. It will boot into GodMode9 1.2.8 (the last for A9LH). Hit home, more, scripts, select "0 - Install Scripts" from the list and then pick one of the first 4 options (one of the first 2 if you're not using the configuration). I would go with 3 or 4. B9S is really all you need, but GM9 has some nice extra features when installed as the firm. Either of those two will let you switch firms whenever you want though, so you can try both and decide which you like better (whereas last I checked, the guide was strictly B9S). Most people here consider anything that competes with their holy guide blasphemy, but, I assure you, it's been thoroughly tested. Hundreds of people have downloaded it at this point. The only complaint I've received so far was from someone who was having difficulty extracting the files (a case of a corrupted download).

I just noticed that the friends list was blocked again by Nintendo in order to promote its last firmware. Wasn't this measure prevented in some way by luma 3DS before ?

@Quantumcat Thank you for your clarification.

Apparently the developers decided it was unneeded since Luma works with the latest firmware.

Thanks for the clarification @8BitWonder (are you absolutely sure it's not because they decided that Nintendo's code is improper and needs to be updated? :rofl2: ).

Last edited by Kazuma77,

8BitWonder

Small Homebrew Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was, but Nintendo has thwarted the spoof as of recent releases. Since the existing spoof was no longer able to fake out Nintendo's servers, it was removed. At this point, it's anyone's guess if they'll devise another spoof, or just call spoofing improper and say it's not their problem.
The spoof was working just fine in recent nightlies, but the devs decided to remove the feature since spoofing Is redundant if the majority of users are on the latest firmware anyway. (Plus it promotes using unstable nightlies)

Last edited by 8BitWonder,

AyanamiRei

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@Kazuma77 Indeed, I pondered if I should better have a program with backup/restore etc abilities in the role of the homebrew placed on the NAND.
Thank you for your participation and your files. I'll probably use them for the other consoles changes. ^^

No idea how to close a thread with this new forum presentation -_-

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hi all
Sorry for hijacking this but have been out of commission for quite some time.

I'm trying to do the same on my N3DS XL and only have one doubt: since I have the A9LH on CTRNand, does the script "setup_ctrnand_luma3ds.gm9" cleans/replace it?
Asking this because, as I read it, the script:
Code:
# remove existing files just in case
rm -o -s 1:/boot.firm
rm -o -s 1:/rw/luma

deletes "boot.firm" and the "luma" folder and I don't remember where the "arm9loaderhax.bin" was copied to.

Thank you all in advance...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.