Modded Wii won't boot

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having an issues with my Wii. I have it modded and an external drive with my backups on it. I have bootmii setup to auto launch the system menu after a few seconds. My Wii only goes to a black screen after bootmii. It goes straight to a black screen without a SD card in it. I haven't used the wii in about 5 years. It worked perfectly when I put it up and no one has messed with it. Does anyone have any idea why the system won't load up?

Thank you

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm having an issues with my Wii. I have it modded and an external drive with my backups on it. I have bootmii setup to auto launch the system menu after a few seconds. My Wii only goes to a black screen after bootmii. It goes straight to a black screen without a SD card in it. I haven't used the wii in about 5 years. It worked perfectly when I put it up and no one has messed with it. Does anyone have any idea why the system won't load up?

Thank you
I assume you have BootMii as boot2. Can you try to launch into it or Priiloader with the SD inserted? In addition, are the Wiimotes that are synced syncing up?

Last edited by zeldaxlink64,

WindowsXP2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thank you
assuming you backed up the nand, you should be able to restore it from the bootmii menu in settings, and the 2nd option you can restore the nand from sd.

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The remote won't sync. I don't remember if I've ever used Priiloader before.

I do have a nand backup from when I originally modded the unit. I taped the micro SD card with the original nand to the bottom of the unit.

It's strange that it's not working. It's been stored in an entertainment center and untouched for years.

zeldaxlink64

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

I do have a nand backup from when I originally modded the unit. I taped the micro SD card with the original nand to the bottom of the unit.

It's strange that it's not working. It's been stored in an entertainment center and untouched for years.
It's possible that the Bluetooth module or the Wifi module, or both, could have gone bad, which will prevent the Wii from booting if you have set it to autoboot to the Wii Menu. In this case, the only way to fix it would be to replace it (this can be found on eBay and a guide is available on ifixit).

Any opinions on whether this is the case or if it's a System Menu or IOS brick?

WindowsXP2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

so, you are screwed if you can't navigate priiloader.

EDIT: Press the power button. when you see the light, hold down the RESET button. now sync the remote, if you succeed, go down to "homebrew channel". once there, press the home button. it will bring a menu of options. press "Launch Bootmii." and restore the nand from here.

EDIT2: here is something i found on redit that will be EXTERMLY HELPFUL
When you have the Wii powered off, you can launch Priiloader by pressing the Power button and the Reset button at the same time (2 secs?). Then you can use the Power button to move the Menu selection highlight down the list. You can use the Reset button to make a selection. You do not need to use the Wiimote to use Priiloader the same applies in BootMii.
Post automatically merged:

i feel like this is an ios brick.
It's possible that the Bluetooth module or the Wifi module, or both, could have gone bad, which will prevent the Wii from booting if you have set it to autoboot to the Wii Menu. In this case, the only way to fix it would be to replace it (this can be found on eBay and a guide is available on ifixit).

Any opinions on whether this is the case or if it's a System Menu or IOS brick?

EDIT: Press the power button. when you see the light, hold down the RESET button. now sync the remote, if you succeed, go down to "homebrew channel". once there, press the home button. it will bring a menu of options. press "Launch Bootmii." and restore the nand from here. alternitively, in priiloader, press bootmii ios instead.

When you have the Wii powered off, you can launch Priiloader by pressing the Power button and the Reset button at the same time (2 secs?). Then you can use the Power button to move the Menu selection highlight down the list. You can use the Reset button to make a selection. You do not need to use the Wiimote to use Priiloader.

Last edited by WindowsXP2600,

og style

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's working now. The bluetooth module came disconnected. The adhesive on it went bad. Thanks to everyone for the help.

WindowsXP2600

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

EDIT: Press the power button. when you see the light, hold down the RESET button. now sync the remote, if you succeed, go down to "homebrew channel". once there, press the home button. it will bring a menu of options. press "Launch Bootmii." and restore the nand from here. alternitively, in priiloader, press bootmii ios instead.

When you have the Wii powered off, you can launch Priiloader by pressing the Power button and the Reset button at the same time (2 secs?). Then you can use the Power button to move the Menu selection highlight down the list. You can use the Reset button to make a selection. You do not need to use the Wiimote to use Priiloader.

It's working now. The bluetooth module came disconnected. The adhesive on it went bad. Thanks to everyone for the help.
NP

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...