• Replies 3,952
  • Likes 278

doowop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used DVDShrink in the past and as far as I'm aware it's only used for Movie or Series DVD's that you can play in a DVD player by your tv, not DVD's that contain software.

Gotcha, thanks. I just went ahead and extracted all the files on the iso image and deleted the programs or tools that I didn't think I'd need. So far I've gotten the size down to where it can fit onto my DVD.

Reactions: coolfuze

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by Jayro,

Asumiw

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Heya !
Just have a little question.
Is it possible to include windows 10 installer and windows 7 installer into medicat ? (I want to add a French version on the installation, it's the most used for my clients)

Thanks in advance !

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Heya !
Just have a little question.
Is it possible to include windows 10 installer and windows 7 installer into medicat ? (I want to add a French version on the installation, it's the most used for my clients)

Thanks in advance !
Yes, you can easily extract the windows 10 or 7 iso to the usb root, over-writing Mini Windows 10. Then when booting the USB MediCat, just choose Mini Windows 10 from the main menu, and the installer will boot up. Or use YUMI to add the 7 and 10 installers along side MediCat.

Asumiw

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Yes, you can easily extract the windows 10 or 7 iso to the usb root, over-writing Mini Windows 10. Then when booting the USB MediCat, just choose Mini Windows 10 from the main menu, and the installer will boot up. Or use YUMI to add the 7 and 10 installers along side MediCat.
Heya Jayro,
Thanks for you help, and by the way, thanks for this wondefull tool ! It's a great job !

I will try the Yumi option, but when I tried to install Medicat with YUMI, I'm a bit lost. I don't really know if I need to format the key on a specific format, and what distribution I need to choose to correctly install it.

Again, thank you for all !

RobinX11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am successfully become MediCat installed on my USB Stick, but i do have the problem that it is not booting into the MediCat menu. Instead it boots to Win10 mini.
I tried it with Yumi and serveral other programms. but the same result.

Also i used to try it with Rufus, but it didnt worked properly. This is what i get..
The file system currently selected can not be used with this type of ISO, please select a diffrent file fsystme or use a diffrent ISO.

and this is the log.

Rufus version: 2.15.1117
Windows version: Windows 10 64-bit (Build 15063)
Syslinux versions: 4.07/2013-07-25, 6.03/2014-10-06
Grub versions: 0.4.6a, 2.02
System locale ID: 0x0407
NOTE: No Windows Language Pack is installed for English (English) on this system.
This means that some controls may still be displayed using the system locale.
SetLGP: Successfully set NoDriveTypeAutorun policy to 0x0000009E
Localization set to 'en-US'
Found USB 3.0 device 'Kingston DataTraveler 3.0 USB Device' (0951:1666)
Using autorun.inf label for drive E: 'MediCat DVD'
1 device found
Disk type: Removable, Sector Size: 512 bytes
Cylinders: 1884, TracksPerCylinder: 255, SectorsPerTrack: 63
Partition type: MBR, NB Partitions: 1
Disk ID: 0x49D7438A
Drive has an unknown Master Boot Record
Partition 1:
Type: FAT32 LBA (0x0c)
Size: 14.4 GB (15501099008 bytes)
Start Sector: 2048, Boot: Yes
Scanning image...
ISO analysis:
Image is an ISO9660 image
Will use '/isolinux.cfg' for Syslinux
Found conflicting isolinux versions:
'/4mparted/boot/isolinux/isolinux.bin' (3.82/2009-06-09) vs '/lubdes64/isolinux/isolinux.bin' (6.03/20170128)
'/lubdes64/isolinux/isolinux.bin' (6.03/20170128) vs '/medicat/isolinux.bin' (6.03/2014-10-06)
'/medicat/isolinux.bin' (6.03/2014-10-06) vs '/pmagic/boot/syslinux/isolinux.bin' (4.06/2012-10-23)
Detected Syslinux version: 4.06/2012-10-23 (from '/pmagic/boot/syslinux/isolinux.bin')
Warning: Conflict between Isolinux version and the presence of ldlinux.c32...
Disk image analysis:
Image does not have an x86 Master Boot Record
ISO label: 'MediCat DVD'
Size: 10.2 GB (Projected)
Uses: Syslinux/Isolinux v4.06
With an old menu.c32
With an old vesamenu.c32
Uses: EFI
Uses: Bootmgr
Using image: medicat.iso

Last edited by RobinX11,

coolfuze

Trophies
XP
Country
I am successfully become MediCat installed on my USB Stick, but i do have the problem that it is not booting into the MediCat menu. Instead it boots to Win10 mini.
I tried it with Yumi and serveral other programms. but the same result.

Also i used to try it with Rufus, but it didnt worked properly. This is what i get..

and this is the log.
Change from FAT32 to ntfs rather, thats the first thing, the other I don't know enough too help

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I dont understand why it should be formatted as ntfs. FAT32 is more supported by many devices.
I honestly don't know either, all the other Windows discs ucan use FAT32, I wonder what triggered it to change.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
OP
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
So I have now tried with NTFS but it comes to same error message, but by changing the Partition scheme to "MBR partitiion scheme for UEFI" it didnt gave any error messages.
That's what it's supposed to be, it should match the picture in the OP for the Rufus instructions.

Mikenuun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Very well made , thank you.

Acronis True image boots into a grub prompt.
Any way to fix this ?

Thank you

Phoen1x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Jayro, have you had a chance to look at this?
Jayro, I'm running Mini10 from 17.04.01, and when running disk2vhd32, it shows an error message about not being able to start because VSSAPI.dll is missing. Is this a bug or is there some chicanery required to get it running?

Doogleaelf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as using the iso on a usb stick refer to this page #269 for instructions.

http://www.easy2boot.com/add-payload-files/list-of-tested-payload-files/

FAT32
Maximum file Size 4 GB

That's why fat32 is kinda a dead horse. Doesn't matter how big your partition is.. you cannot put a file greater that 4 GB on it.
Technical info at http://www.ntfs.com/exfat-comparison.htm

You can use easy2boot to boot virtually anything.. sometimes you have to use a utility that turns your iso into a partition and then loads that. I have found that I can use NTFS and run just about anything.

For those that like to play with wim files.. here is a tool that beats the pants off of M$ crap. NTLite. www.ntlite.com

Last edited by Doogleaelf,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: @K3Nv2, try SanDisk format tool?