Mario Kart Zero

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the wake of the great Nitro release, I got curious and tried the Mario Kart Zero MKDS hack.

Unfortunately, I was not able to play any of it because I get the red screen of doom when starting a grand prix, during the presentation video of the race (tried a couple of races, same same)

Any of you managed to get this hack working?

I use a N3DSXL, and tried an already patched rom, then patched a different rom myself, to no avail.

Thanks for your experience!

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Of course, sorry about that.

I don't use a flashcart, I copied the patched rom to the SD card, and run it with TWLMenu++.

Quick update while I'm here : I've been patching MKDS with other hacks since opening this thread, and then I went back to Mario Kart Zero. I managed to play the levels, but I had to skip the track intro. I still experienced the crash when I left the track intro on the first race from the first cup, apparently the other cups' track intros run fine. I don't understand why it should only be an issue in the first cup.

JustATadConfused

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For most romhacks that i've run on twilight on a ds or dsi, I'd definitely say to go for sd loading as opposed to flash, As it usually provides more room for fiddling and patching when it comes to changes to roms or even the software.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1