Janley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.10 - 02.58.24.71.png
Remaster complete. Thank you guys for all the love and support. If you'd like to follow and support my work plz consider donating over at my Ko-fi. <3 It would really help me push more projects. Also here are my socials.

Ko-fi.com/janley

reddit.com/user/XxJanleyxX

discord.gg/QtdFxpFcU4

twitter.com/JanleyX

Requirements:

The game has some very strong ghosting that can be corrected through the emulator settings. Make sure to right click on the game so you can open the settings for this game only. Go to graphics and open the rendering tab. Enable Manual Hardware Renderer Fixes. This will make 2 new tabs appear. Go to Hardware Fixes and Enable Auto Flush. Go to upscaling fixes And set the following values on Texture offsets (X: 360 Y:409). And your done the game should no longer look like a blur and ghosting mess.

Also if you don't know how to set up textures here's how:

Download the latest Pcsx2 nightly build
Extract the folder to the pcsx2 texture folder (...\Pcsx2\textures\SLUS-21007\replacements). SSD recommended!!
Config > Graphics Settings > Advanced tab:
Load Texture: ON / Async Texture Loading: ON / Precache Textures: ON

Kuon HD Remaster Download:

Some Previews:

old texture
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.13 - 13.39.58.03.png

upscaled and reworked textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.13 - 13.39.46.27.png

old text and menu textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 08.59.17.86.png

new text and upscaled textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 08.59.04.43.png

old text for pause and original game textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 09.00.23.94.png

new text for pause and upscaled game textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 09.00.12.44.png

old load screen original textures
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 09.49.05.59.png

upscaled load screen with custom design and new text
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.12 - 09.48.57.04.png

old start menu
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.10 - 02.27.55.03.png

upscaled start menu
pcsx2-qtx64-avx2.exe Screenshot 2023.01.10 - 02.27.33.55.png

Old intro and statuses:​

Hello again this would be my second remastering project. I already started working on this remaster and have been on it for a while but had a setback and therefore was delayed to start posting my progress. I don't really have much to show right now its very early in development just keep an eye out on my posts here.

Status update: So it took a bit but I updated the games text to look much clearer than the original. Previews available.

Status update 2: Kuon HD Remaster Ying Phase Complete Kuon has 3 Characters you play as. The third one
Kuon
is unlocked after you beat the game with the first two. I finished the first playthrough. I'm currently working on the second one.

Last edited by Janley,

Janley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
What is the difference between your HD textures to the one that Icebullet did?
In all fairness I wasn't aware someone had worked on the game. But that being said I don't just upscale. I also enhance the game by improving the textures. For example in this game there's been three instances in which I edited textures for visual clarity one of them being the loading screen. I could of just been lazy and just thrown in the upscale of the memory card but the result ended in smoothed over ugly incoherent txt and I didn't like that. The purpose of an HD remaster is for this game to be clear in HD right? So I make sure it is clear in HD. Most of the textures in Kuon work great with the upscaling thank god so its been fairly easy to work this game. But other stuff like replacing the letters in the game require much more time. I guess the best example I can give ya is my work on Fatal Frame 1. Some of the textures in that game where straight up bad like they looked like straight up playdogh. So I had to make new textures that fit the game, textures that enhance the look without breaking the immersion and that takes time and editing. Whenever you can watch the cherry atrium preview in my fatal frame hd remaster so you can see what i mean. So that's the difference I guess.

Janley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I wonder if you could ask him to use his pack as a starting point.
That wont be necessary, I like to review the textures as I work through the game. Also I already have worked with most of the map textures.

evanft

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That wont be necessary, I like to review the textures as I work through the game. Also I already have worked with most of the map textures.
You're an absolute machine. Looking forward to seeing the pack completed.

Janley

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
By the way I learned a few new tricks and now the texture files take less space and load quicker. Your also going to see a reduced archive size thanks to this so that means less to download. This all thanks to @Panda_Venom for giving me some pointers on how to improve my projects. This also affects my first remaster Fatal Frame. Download size reduced from 1.5 gigs to 300 megs.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Group statistics

Members:
Threads: