Is Pokemon anime gonna end for good?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yea, for me the Pokémon anime formula got old several Gens ago, i haven't seen any like since Gen 3, and even then i've seen only a handful eps (was busy then watching DB, HxH etc.).. Gen 1&2 was its peak for me. Not counting movies/OVAs etc. But honestly i don't see them changing the formula any time soon, it'll just be the same thing all over again.. Ash goes for an adventure, in a new region, so he can be the champion. Yay!

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's actually very easy to come out with a new or old challenger, they just need to be careful with coherence, like avoid saying it's the second sister of an old rival who had three brothers.
When a new one needs to show up capable of taking on the #1 in the world (as Ash/Satoshi is able to) every few episodes to give him a challenge (AKA someone on level of the Masters 8), it is already going to be incoherent.

Edit: Lemme put it like this: Casual opponents? At most a challenge till he figures out - oh wait the Pokedexes spew out type data. Gym Leaders? He has legitimately surpassed E4 levels and gone to Champ tier via the Masters Eight. The everyday opponent won't be much anymore unless they severely dumb him down anymore. He's a Champion in his own right too, even if he loses, he's got to show up in Alola eventually for defense matches (probably only for them to shoehorn him a loss so he can go back to free Journeying), which will downplay him more. It's a giant corner that will only hurt the writing to keep going.

VartioArtel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@VartioArtel the champions and supposed dominators in all sports lose against old rivals and newcomers, just because someone's at the top doesn't mean they can't lose.
Never said they can't, but they'd need to drop the overall World-Level of performance to a HUGE number of newcomers all at once. The Champions haven't remained Champions long as they have because of nothing, and Ash is already beating down their numbers to get a higher rank.

AsPika2219

Trophies
XP
Country
Georgia
After 25 years later...

FINALLY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ASH KETCHUM FOR BECOMING WORLD CHAMPION!!!! 🤩

ash-ketchum-world-champion-screenshot-2.jpg

... after defeating Galar champions, Leon on Pokemon 2019 (journey) episode 132! 🏆🎊🥳

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63599287
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/pokemon-anime-ash-world-champion/
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...hum-becomes-the-world-champion-after-25-years

If you don't see the episode, please watch it on any social media! Sorry! 🤫 no copyright! Enjoy yourself!

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon has different series so it's definitely possible they'll make another one with Satoshi or a different Pocket Monster trainer/master.

People talk about Pokémon like it's one long series. :P I just remember the original with 276 episodes or so.

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 25 years later...

FINALLY!!!! CONGRATULATIONS ASH KETCHUM FOR BECOMING WORLD CHAMPION!!!! 🤩

ash-ketchum-world-champion-screenshot-2.jpg

... after defeating Galar champions, Leon on Pokemon 2019 (journey) episode 132! 🏆🎊🥳

https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-63599287
https://comicbook.com/anime/news/pokemon-anime-ash-world-champion/
https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-n...hum-becomes-the-world-champion-after-25-years

If you don't see the episode, please watch it on any social media! Sorry! 🤫 no copyright! Enjoy yourself!
Satoshi has a weird mustache.

DJPlace

going hire Ronald McDonald To Gun Down Nintendo.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i never did care for the anime. just watched to almost the end of johto leauge. it was at the part where team rocket steal something from the 8th gym leader and stuff....

also the main baddie's team some things i don't like about em
i hate jessie with all my heart
james i don't mind i like his back story
meowth has a back story also which i like.

that song they sing every time they show up was neat for 10 Epsoides
having Jessie and james get rid of there arbok and wheezing there main pokemon they started with made me go WTH. Jessie get's a wobuffet and i forget what james got for a replacement.

one funny clip i found out about james on youtube is called

James Finally Snaps​

one of my fav clips but still i see the show on some tv station's here and there and watch for few mins to i'm bored...

still never got much into it.

OM3GAZX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If you follow the Pokemon anime, you are probably already aware of it
But if you don't, here's the thing

During the last season, Ash has been part of a worldwide tournament, where participants can battle each other randomly and raise in ranks
Well, Ash now is in the Master Class, which is composed of the top 8 trainers in the world

What do you think?
Could the anime really end when he reaches number one position?
Could Ash have a son and the anime continue after a timeskip?
I have never been into Pokémon a lot, however, a spin-off focusing on the successor of Ash sounds like a good idea... I am imagining like his son is keeping his father's legacy alive by seeking to be the next world champion or something... I don't know, I'm not into Pokémon. However, I watched XY/XYZ and I really liked it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah I'm straight but you're more than welcome to blow ancientboi
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    LOL, which straight person does not make gay jokes?
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm straight but we can whack dicks together
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    nah, I'm gud over here, no need for sword fights

:glare:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Dick slang
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    See ancientboi already has a crush on you
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    [brings my ⚔️ ] On Guard :D:evil::wub:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Looks more like a dagger to me
    Pffffft I have a crush on everybody
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    I see no problem, unless i happen to grow another gender one day. Too bad it ain't now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Thought you already had both hotswappable gender fluid
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Enjoy whatever life chucks your way

:teach:
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Deeze nuts
    Dem Nutz
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    'Em nutters
    M&M nutz
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Slim anus nutter
    :unsure::unsure::unsure: I might go buy them M&M w/nuts. I gotta go out to pay the rent anyway
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Eat a Snickers!
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Almond Joys got nuts!
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good afternoon
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I questioned a snickers bar having 42 on it