I'm so sorry for people like this

Ondrashek06

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Screenshot_2023-09-21-15-35-46.jpeg

It hurts me physically to see someone waste a Switch that was perfectly good for homebrew by accidentally flashing a newer firmware, burning all the eFuses and saying a permanent goodbye to any sort of hacks running on that unit.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
View attachment 395166
It hurts me physically to see someone waste a Switch that was perfectly good for homebrew by accidentally flashing a newer firmware, burning all the eFuses and saying a permanent goodbye to any sort of hacks running on that unit.
Well, they should know better of the risks with what can happen.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That reminds me of people who upgraded the firmware of their PS4 and then wanted to downgrade back to 9.00.

I even read a listing of a PS4 with 9.01 or something and the seller stated "It can be downgraded to 9.00" uh... How?

There's a reason folks are warned to not upgrade and completely block the DNS.

Reactions: SylverReZ

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That reminds me of people who upgraded the firmware of their PS4 and then wanted to downgrade back to 9.00.

I even read a listing of a PS4 with 9.01 or something and the seller stated "It can be downgraded to 9.00" uh... How?

There's a reason folks are warned to not upgrade and completely block the DNS.
There's a reason why it wouldn't be possible. If the console has e-fuses built into the CPU, then one or more can blow if you downgrade, rendering it inoperable.

Reactions: Marc_LFD

Marc_LFD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a reason why it wouldn't be possible. If the console has e-fuses built into the CPU, then one or more can blow if you downgrade, rendering it inoperable.
Instead of them making shit up to sell their console, just be honest with it as it is.

I'll admit a CFW PS4 is better than an OFW one, though if you've racked up free full games (and bought some), plus quality free to play games then there's a decent amount to play.

I was playing Disney Speedstorm and it was so much fun! Good to see there's other racing/kart games just as good if not better than Mario Kart nowadays (it was bound to happen).

• Love
Reactions: SylverReZ

Absolute_Vile

Perfect Reploid
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Im sorry im kind of a Duma$$ ok? have that in mind and be merciful, i fail to understand a lot of this, i have done both jailbreak and downgrade a lot of switches in a lot of variable versions of the OFW and CFW and never hear you need a specific version of it as long as its not of the new ones, now i DO NOT have idea whats the lowest version you should downgrade a switch, so, what specific jailbreak are we talking about? I also never understood people who makes fun of other people who doesnt know the same technical stuff as them, like, i have a degree in english literature and language and i dont make fun of people who doesnt know english at all, I find it quite chauvinistic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: BO1 is good, all 3 modes are good in that game