• Total voters

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
The Vita might launch at Dec 23 here. Well...

As for a PSP, maybe I'll get it secondhand but... I am still worried. Some people at forums are just not trustworthy (not referring to anyone here)

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
A definite "yes".

Monster Hunter Tri G's localization isn't certain yet, and the 3DS is Region-Locked, so importing is out of the question. At the same time, the PSP offers great multimedia options, a hacked PSP has a fantastic web browser (high memory patch = 64/32 Mb RAM for the browser rather than 2), and, what you're most interested in, Monster Hunter games.

You're not even bound to Ad-Hoc - with a PS3 you can use Ad-Hoc Party to log on online or you could use X-Link KAI.

There are also numerous a'la MH games such as Godeater(s): Burst or Lord of Arcana.

In conclusion, it's definatelly a great purchase and it's quite cheap nowadays aswell.

As far as second-hand is concerned, I recommend stores rather than Online. You can get the exact model you want *cheap* AND you can make sure whether it has a hackable firmware on the spot.

lovecats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita can only play psp games up on PSN, and fortunately, I see that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is up on PSN. Since you've already sold your UMD, getting it off of PSN might be a better option, since psp games played on the Vita gets upscalled to the Vita's screen (r4don't know if the second analog nub will be usable though). Also, if you get a Vita, you'll be able to play Vita games. If you're already considering the Vita, I don't know if getting a psp as well is a smart thing to do. You know, the memory stick used is different, so you'll have to get one for psp and one for Vita if you decide to get both. That's quite a lot of budget.
does psp support FW 3.72 now?

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
PS Vita can only play psp games up on PSN, and fortunately, I see that Monster Hunter Freedom Unite is up on PSN. Since you've already sold your UMD, getting it off of PSN might be a better option, since psp games played on the Vita gets upscalled to the Vita's screen (r4don't know if the second analog nub will be usable though). Also, if you get a Vita, you'll be able to play Vita games. If you're already considering the Vita, I don't know if getting a psp as well is a smart thing to do. You know, the memory stick used is different, so you'll have to get one for psp and one for Vita if you decide to get both. That's quite a lot of budget.
does psp support FW 3.72 now?
Don't remember the specifics, but:
  • psp1000 (01g) supports every firmware.
  • psp2000 (02g/03g) supports every firmware (?).
  • psp3000 (03g/04g) supports 5.?? (5.9x?) and above.
  • psp3000 (09g) supports 6.35 and above.
  • psp Go (05g) supports 5.?? (5.9x?) and above.
I'd be glad if somebody else could clean it up for me...
Anyways, you don't have to hack with 3.72, if that's what you want to do. Just hack on 6.20 or 6.60, depending on your psp's generation.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'd be glad if somebody else could clean it up for me...

Anyways, you don't have to hack with 3.72, if that's what you want to do. Just hack on 6.20 or 6.60, depending on your psp's generation.
Each PSP supports firmwares from stock firmware up.

PSP's 100x - 1.0 up
PSP's 200x - 3.60 up (with later models being released with 4 and up)
PSP's 300x - 4.20 up
PSP Go - 5.70 (Go edition) up
PSP E1000 - 6.50 up (Although I've seen some with stock 6.55)

By knowing your DataCode and comparing it to the release dates of firmwares you can find what your stock should be with relative ease, too. The number is the last digit (or two digits) of the year, the letter is the quarter of the year the PSP was produced in.

Reactions: 1 person

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
The PSP 1000 had 6 hardware variations and on later versions IDStorage keys need patching to accommodate the earlier firmwares (below 2.50) else you'd get a brick. So for safest advice it'd be all 1000's can go to 2.50 but below requires special patching. Ultimately this info is pointless now but it can generally be applied across the board.

The way PSP hacking is today it breaks down into - PSP 1000 - do whatever you want, 2000 -test the motherboard then do what you deem prudent, 3000 - test the motherboard and don't downgrade to 6.20 if you have a later model, and Go - downgrade if you can stand a temp CFW.

For the record i'm not mental i just recognise that history is important.....;)

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...