HWFLY Switch Lite Training black screen

Takezo-San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
So my Lite glitched green with the initial install. Great! Put thermal paste on and RF shielding but before putting the back cover on my Lite, checked again and it gave blue glitching with white lite and then boots to ofw. So I looked it up and it was a problem with capacitor connections? Re-did them and same issue. So turned the console off and as I was half way through disconnecting the battery cable, the F***ing modchip decided to turn on again. Blinked blue. Not sure why but then I had already finished disconnecting the battery. Now the console is dead! How!? What the hell was that all about. Why did it decide to turn on again all of a sudden when i switched it off!? Now there's no ofw boot and seems to be dead. Did my emmc just get corrupted now!? Will a reflow or reball help!? Any insight advice is much appreciated.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First off what chip are you using?

Usually a white light means the cpu ribbon cable is not installed/soldered properly. However, from my experience with instinct nx chips, it can also mean the emmc C point is not making good contact. In this case the chip would flash purple light then white light and console boots to OFW. Happened to me several times when doing oled consoles.

To rule out emmc corruption, try to disconnect 3.3V power cable to the mod chip and unplug cpu ribbon, and see if switch boots up. If so then the problem is with your modchip, try to flash the firmware again or reset it in terminal. You can also use the terminal to figure out what's preventing your console from booting. Also re-check all other points diode reading with multimeter.

Takezo-San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
First off what chip are you using?

Usually a white light means the cpu ribbon cable is not installed/soldered properly. However, from my experience with instinct nx chips, it can also mean the emmc C point is not making good contact. In this case the chip would flash purple light then white light and console boots to OFW. Happened to me several times when doing oled consoles.

To rule out emmc corruption, try to disconnect 3.3V power cable to the mod chip and unplug cpu ribbon, and see if switch boots up. If so then the problem is with your modchip, try to flash the firmware again or reset it in terminal. You can also use the terminal to figure out what's preventing your console from booting. Also re-check all other points diode reading with multimeter.
Using newest v6. Asked the seller to upgrade it to latest before shipping but the logo (when it did glitch green) was boot.dad. I'm sure that's pretty old.

Disconnected everything and nothing. Complete dead. I think its indicative of some sort of emmc failure.

All points readings were fine before and after the dmm reading test.

I'm 99% sure it was that stupid post shutdown blue light glitch that messed this whole up. What a piece of crap chip.

Will try a reball tomorrow on the emmc. See if anything gets going. Doubt it but let's see. Even if it does boot, I'm chucking this chip in the trash and going back to picofly. Screw this 2nd rate Chinese rip off junk.

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like this?

1687946408051.png

That's the error screen of original sx core/lite. Are you sure the seller sent you a v6 instead of the original sx chips? If you have an original sx chip try to update it to latest hwfly firmware and use debug terminal to figure out what's wrong.

Attachments

• 1687946349082.png
    1687946349082.png
    669.9 KB · Views: 19

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Don't just put blame on the chip it could be anything from faulty chip, the firmware on the chip to your soldering work to even the console itself. The Switch in my opinion is a crappy console.

I worked on a lot of Switches and only the fresh ones out of the box gave me trouble which is telling me that these consoles were initially defective.

Takezo-San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
Like this?

View attachment 380556

That's the error screen of original sx core/lite. Are you sure the seller sent you a v6 instead of the original sx chips? If you have an original sx chip try to update it to latest hwfly firmware and use debug terminal to figure out what's wrong.
I already told you, the console won't turn on. How am I supposed to get into debug mode if I can't boot into anything.

Here's what I have

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003996040133.html

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How am I supposed to get into debug mode if I can't boot into anything.
I was asking you update the mod chip's firmware, then you can use the debug mode connecting the chip directly to pc with usb dongle. Doesn't matter if your switch powers on or not

If it's running old sx firmware update to spacecraft-nx first then update to latest hwfly. You can find instructions on updating firmware and use debug console on their github pages

Takezo-San

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Seychelles
I was asking you update the mod chip's firmware, then you can use the debug mode connecting the chip directly to pc with usb dongle. Doesn't matter if your switch powers on or not

If it's running old sx firmware update to spacecraft-nx first then update to latest hwfly. You can find instructions on updating firmware and use debug console on their github pages
That's all good. But the switch doesn't power on with everything removed. Is there any point anymore?

randy_w

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's all good. But the switch doesn't power on with everything removed. Is there any point anymore?
You can see from the debug console whether the emmc is dead (failed to write boot0) or it's something else preventing it from booting up. If you have already checked everything else you touched then it would be a corrupted emmc. At this point I'd say you probably have to desoldered the emmc chip, connect it to your pc with an emmc programmer and rebuild nand.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: