Homebrew How to use HBL on 11.3 (A9LH+Luma)

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
Well I've not done too much testing but I can access the hbl, I've left the l2 clock setting off(not tried with it on)
I did have a unexplained issue, after backing up the nand before updating to 11.30 I went to update luma but the updater exited with the "there's been an error"(or words to that effects) and titledb in FBI gave the unable to populate error. Got it working after a few mins tho.

khelsonf

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
So, i did something wrong i think, tried to run hbl before using the payload, now my wifi is not working, if i put it on, it search for wifi but before it could connect the "there's been an error" message occurs, don't know what to do, i was thinking of downgrading and then reinstaling this firmware, what you guys sugest?

NFK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
So, trying to do this on a japanese 3ds,(cart updated to from 2.1.0-0J to 4.5.0-0J then used decrypt9 to do the rest),stuck because dl'ed the otherapp.bin and it doesn't work at all(still getting the error).

EDIT: The 1.3 HBL Cia did the trick.

Last edited by NFK,

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
what am i supposed to have now just in order to launch HBL ?
i am on latest fw, with updated sysNAND Luma Cfw (official version).

i have gridlauncher folder inside the root of my mSD, and i have the gridlauncher version of HBL .3dsx renamed to boot.3dsx inside the root of my mSD.

i load up hbl cia and then it goes through that black screens of downloading some ropbin files, and then it just kicks me back into the homemenu giving me an error has occured/please save your data bla.

guess, i will try soundhax for now.

Last edited by leonmagnus99,

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what am i supposed to have now just in order to launch HBL ?
i am on latest fw, with updated sysNAND Luma Cfw (official version).

i have gridlauncher folder inside the root of my mSD, and i have the gridlauncher version of HBL .3dsx renamed to boot.3dsx inside the root of my mSD.

i load up hbl cia and then it goes through that black screens of downloading some ropbin files, and then it just kicks me back into the homemenu giving me an error has occured/please save your data bla.
If you have a n3DS and stable Luma v6.6, disable Clock+L2 in your Luma settings. Use an updated boot.3dsx (not sure if gridlauncher works) and update the HBL cia to v1.3.

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Yes, however, you could also switch to the latest Luma hourlies and not have to remember disabling that option.

awesome thank you OvOb

but , for some reason i want to stick to the official one haha.
is there anything that is better with the hourlies?

the ones that upload the hourlies, who does this ? i think i remember someone by the name astronautlevel compiling them?
does Aurora herself no longer push any more updates?

erman1337

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
One thing about the nightlies is that the path of the locale patcher has changed:

Instead of /luma/locales/<ID>.txt, it's /luma/titles/<ID>/locale.txt

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
awesome thank you OvOb

but , for some reason i want to stick to the official one haha.
is there anything that is better with the hourlies?

the ones that upload the hourlies, who does this ? i think i remember someone by the name astronautlevel compiling them?
does Aurora herself no longer push any more updates?
Aurora hasn't pushed any updates in awhile so v6.6 is the latest. astronautlevel has been compiling any changes made to the Luma3DS GitHub, which results in the hourlies. Download and install Luma Updater by Hamcha and use that to switch to the latest hourly.
One thing about the nightlies is that the path of the locale patcher has changed:

Instead of /luma/locales/<ID>.txt, it's /luma/titles/<ID>/locale.txt
I keep forgetting that this is different in the hourlies.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Aurora hasn't pushed any updates in awhile so v6.6 is the latest. astronautlevel has been compiliny any changes made to the Luma3DS GitHub, which results in the hourlies. Download and install Luma Updater by Hamcha and use that to switch to the latest hourly.

I keep forgetting that this is different in the hourlies.

thanks mate c:
i'll see what i can do about that.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...