Hacking how to replace wii boot intro ?

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys,

I found the tool crazyintro that can replace wii boot instead of having the screen health and safety, but what about the second intro screen that display for 1 sec channels all over the screen with WII on it ? can we also replace that screen ?

Argonitious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The part of the intro you are talking about is actually part of the Wii menu. As far as I know, you can't replace that. Crazyintro is about as close as you can get.

Wish I could be of more help. Anyway, enjoy your new Crazyintro setup. :yaywii:

Reactions: Cecilmax

Cecilmax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I just install priiloader and the screen with wii channels with wii logo doesnt show anymore :) I wonder where priiloader is installed exactly ? Not on boot2 ?

I think it is installed between boot2 and system menu ? I cant remember if the channels splash screen come before or after the health and safety screen ??
Just curious, I like when I understand exactly how things work :)

ChromeCrafterWilliam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold on.
Priiloader is installed to the wii itself

If you want to really change it, I would suggest you download MyMenuify and install a theme instead, it won't delete the boot animation, however it will get rid of the health and safety info depending on the theme.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Priiloader installs to the system itself. Afterwards, it can be opened by pressing the reset button and holding it down until a menu comes up

Now, if you were to try MyMenuify, MyMenuify needs to be installed on a sd card along with some cios files from the internet(can't quite remember where they are), and priiloader needs to be installed for it to work. After that is done, download a theme and place it in a new folder on the root of a sd card named "Themes", without the quotes. Now if you were to install it and it doesn't work, bricking your console, you can hold down reset while booting, go back to the homebrew channel, and install something else to rid of the bricked menu.

I hope I helped ^_^

tech3475

Trophies
XP
Country
Is your Wii running bootmii as boot2 or bootmii as ios?

If the latter, I would personally use bootmii as a form of brick protection but this will limit what you can do with the system menu AFAIK.

ChromeCrafterWilliam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have it installed as a ios, but I would rather you use priiloader, because you don't need a sd card for it, so if you end up doing something that offers a brick, you can hold down reset.

tswntk

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Priiloader installs onto the system menu itself; so if you installed a theme, Priiloader will be gone and need to be installed again - IF YOU HAVEN'T MENU BRICKED
I wouldn't touch custom themes without bootmii as boot2 and a known good nand backup.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol