Hacking How do I run PS3 games FROM the external hard drive?

Maxm123

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan
Kinda late for the party, got a PS3 today.

Fat model, 80 GB, CECHL04, Rogero 4.50

So after reading tons of guides online, I was under impression I can run games directly from external hard drive, without transfering them to internal. My friend said he does the same.

I currently only have 16 GB USB. I formatted it to FAT32, made a "GAMEZ" folder and put my Tales of Graces f game in it. The folder is called BLUS something. Opened multiman, clicked on tales of graces f, it brought me back to XMB and I ran the game from there. But then it said I still need space on my hard drive to run it.
What gives? I'm running it from the external hard drive, not internal and there's obviously plenty of space inside. Tales of Graces f is 6.75 GB.

So what am I missing here? Do I have to use that PS3 splitter thingy? I managed to transfer the files without it.

Really at loss here.

EDIT: Tho to be honest with you guys, I'm not even sure how I would transfer the files from external to internal anyway. I managed to install Child of Light but it was .pkg file and was relatively easy.
I copied the game from my external to my ps3 more than one time and it doesn’t show up I can’t find it

Maxm123

Trophies
XP
Country
Sudan

So after reading tons of guides online, I was under impression I can run games directly from external hard drive, without transfering them to internal. My friend said he does the same.

I currently only have 16 GB USB. I formatted it to FAT32, made a "GAMEZ" folder and put my Tales of Graces f game in it. The folder is called BLUS something. Opened multiman, clicked on tales of graces f, it brought me back to XMB and I ran the game from there. But then it said I still need space on my hard drive to run it.
What gives? I'm running it from the external hard drive, not internal and there's obviously plenty of space inside. Tales of Graces f is 6.75 GB.

So what am I missing here? Do I have to use that PS3 splitter thingy? I managed to transfer the files without it.

Really at loss here.

EDIT: Tho to be honest with you guys, I'm not even sure how I would transfer the files from external to internal anyway. I managed to install Child of Light but it was .pkg file and was relatively easy.

Really at loss here.

How To Play Retail GAMES On CFW PS3:

1) First of all Download a PS3 game from internet.

2) You will find folder structure like this:
\BXXXXXXXX
\PS3_GAME
\PS3_UPDATE(Delete the PS3_UPDATE folder)

3) Make a folder named GAMES in fat32 drive.
4) Copy the BXXXXXXXX folder to GAMES folder.
5) Start PS3.
6) Connect Fat32 HDD.
7) Start MultiMan (if it is already installed).
8) Go under GAMES section, try finding the game you downloaded.
9) Press x on the game.
10) It will take you back to PS3's XMB.
11) Press x on app_home option.
12) It will load your game.
13) ENJOY.
Credit goes to: PS3GAMER20111

I did a loooong time ago and worked perfectly fine. I am on REBUG 4.46.. No different from yours. :)
I copied the game from external to my ps3 more than one time and it doesn’t show up yet I can’t find it I don’t know what to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nqw6t28P9po