H.R. Giger-inspired biomechanical horror game 'Scorn' gets release trailer

scorn.PNG

Launching today is Scorn, the H.R. Giger-inspired "biomechanical" first person horror game from developer Ebb Software and publisher Kepler Interactive. Accompanying the launch is a brand-new trailer:

Tasked with navigating a desolate and interconnected bio-labyrinth, the only way to make it through is by learning the rules of this nightmarish place and manipulating the cruel machinery left there. By piecing together these secrets and using the organic tools available to you, surviving this world may just be possible. Finding the truth, however, is an entirely different question.

Scorn is available as of today on PC (Steam, GOG, EGS) and Xbox Series X|S, including Xbox Game Pass.

:arrow: SOURCE

Kazmar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been watching this one for a long time, but knowing me it'll probably be a very long time before I play it haha.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nice, but I see they didn't change the sound effect for the shotgun weapon.
It's bio-organism shooting teeth, but it makes a metalic bullet using powder explosion sound...

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Xzi

scroeffie1984

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
its on game pass gave up after 30 min ,the game is not what you think the puzzles are dumb and the same over and over again ! good luck finding and using ammo ,the weapons sucks ass
waste of man power and money !

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think it's like that on purpose.
it's not call of duty where you shoot 100 rounds to kill everything still moving while running fast all over the map.
It's more a slow puzzle game relying on the oppressing atmosphere where you have to survive and don't waste resources. It's just using first person view, doesn't mean it's a FPS. I suppose lot of people will fall for it.

Though, if it's repetitive and always the same puzzles, that's too bad :/
No, I didn't play it yet.
edit: and seeing all the bad review and comment, I guess I'll put my time on other games. really, that's too bad, it had potential with its visual.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: scroeffie1984

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Was hoping for "Bioshock? Hold my beer." but doubt we are going to get that as much as a decent Quake mod with the emphasis on puzzles.

Worlds also looked rather empty which if you are going to invoke H.R. Giger then... could be a tough one to live up to that one. I get they probably can't do the sexual aspects (not all of his stuff was but most of his most noted stuff that was not Alien was) but if you are not having the polygon budget to do the worlds then that turns to enemies, weapons and such which from that did not carry much.

Reactions: KiiWii

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It looks nice, but good God was that some of the most boring "gameplay" I've ever experienced. I've played several "walking sims" that I really enjoyed, but this? What a complete letdown. None of it even makes sense. No story, no lore, no notta. Just pointless puzzles and shit combat for no reason whatsoever. I wasn't expecting a fast paced action shooter, at all. But I did expect more than what it is. it deserves any/all poor reviews it receives.

BaamAlex

UDE GA NARU ZE!
Trophies
Website
hmpg.net
XP
Country
Germany
It looks nice, but good God was that some of the most boring "gameplay" I've ever experienced. I've played several "walking sims" that I really enjoyed, but this? What a complete letdown. None of it even makes sense. No story, no lore, no notta. Just pointless puzzles and shit combat for no reason whatsoever. I wasn't expecting a fast paced action shooter, at all. But I did expect more than what it is. it deserves any/all poor reviews it receives.
I'm currently still pretty much at the beginning of the game and i have only encountered two opponents. And i have to say...that i already don't feel like playing the game anymore. I kind of like the atmosphere (even if everything looks pretty gray, in my opinion this also makes you lose sight of the enemies quickly). But the fighting is the last snot, no real explanation what is actually happening or where you are. I don't mind if the developers of the games don't immediately take you by the hand to explain every bullshit, but let you explore yourself to possibly find your way into the mechanics of the game or discover whatever secrets. But here is really nothing. Good thing the game is in the gamepass. Because i would have gotten the money back almost immediately.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus +1